Sophomore Phil Karn scored the game-winner at the 64:38 mark of the second half as host Drexel (10-4-3, 5-1-2) upset No. 14 Towson State (13-3, 6-3), 1-0, in North Atlantic Conference men's college soccer yesterday.
The win clinched an NAC berth for the Dragons, the first since 1993. Towson State's postseason will be decided in other games this week.
Towson State outshot Drexel, 31-12. Mike Stillman made three saves for the Tigers. The Dragons' Brian Herr had 12.
* Johns Hopkins 3, Franklin & Marshall 0: Eric West's hat trick paced host Johns Hopkins (14-4) past Franklin & Marshall in the Centennial Conference.
Sophomore All-American West ends his regular-season totals with 20 goals. The Blue Jays outshot the Diplomats, 8-0.
* Washington College 2, Western Maryland 0: Kevin Myers scored twice, at the 19:59 mark of the first and 74:48 into the second half, to pace host Washington College (12-6-1) past Western Maryland (6-9-2) in Chestertown.
Chuck Mullen and Andrew King earned assists. The Green Terror's Mark Rohme made three saves.
* Mary Washington 3, Salisbury State 0: Stefanie Teter opened the scoring 14:12 into the first half as top-seeded Mary Washington (11-4-1) got its seventh shutout in its past eight matches and 10th of the season, to capture the Capital Athletic Conference title for the fourth time in fives seasons in Fredericksburg, Va.
Robin Kozic and Jaime Kwiatkowski added second-half goals for the Eagles.
Jen Koster and Kristi Kauffman each made five saves for the Eagles and Sea Gulls (11-5-0) respectively.
* Johns Hopkins 2, Dickinson 2: Kerrie Cathcart got a goal and an assist in Johns Hopkins' double-overtime stalemate with visiting Dickinson (6-9-3, 2-3-2) in Centennial Conference action.
Hopkins (5-9-2, 2-4-1) led 2-1 before Dickinson's Karen Van Giensen sent the game into overtime at the 12-minute mark of the second half. Valerie Muravchik made nine saves for the Red Devils. The Blue Jays' Marie Bober had one.
* Frostburg State 1, Villa Julie 0: Danielle Picker scored the game-winner on an assist from Dina Lastner at the 25:03 mark of the first half to lift host Frostburg State (10-7-1) over Villa Julie.
* Salisbury State 2, Goucher 0: Stacie Gado scored a goal and made an assist to power host Salisbury State (12-5) past Goucher (13-4).
* Western Maryland 1, Washington College 0: Katie Haley scored the game-winner at the 15:01 mark of the second half to lift visiting Western Maryland (10-9) over Washington College (6-11) in Chestertown.