The Fox network previews a new kids' anthology show tonight, Mary Tyler Moore is on "Dateline NBC," and the offbeat comedy troupe known as The State, from MTV, breaks into network prime time with a Halloween special.
* "Goosebumps: The Haunted Mask" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- An hour-long special launches an anthology series to air regularly on Friday afternoons. Based on the children's book series by R. L. Stine, the first edition tells the story of a young girl who dons a mask to scare the boys who humiliated her. Fox.
* "Dateline NBC" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- With a new book on the market and a little-watched series on the air ("New York News"), Mary Tyler Moore sits down for an interview with Jane Pauley. NBC.
* "The Challengers '96" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- Sens. Phil Gramm and Arlen Specter are the Republican presidential candidates profiled. PBS.
* "Homicide: Life on the Street" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- In Part 2 of the season premiere sequence, Pembleton (Andre Braugher) and Kellerman (Reed Diamond) continue to clash as they investigate the rash of arson fires. NBC.
* "The State's 43rd Annual Halloween Special" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Of course, it's really their first network appearance. The comedy troupe from MTV offers skits and a mock documentary that features appearances by Jon Stewart, RuPaul, Engelbert Humperdinck, Denis Leary, Alan King, Debbie Harry, Janeane Garofalo, Ric Ocasek and Erica Jong. The rock group Sonic Youth also performs. CBS.