Last year's Emmy winner as Outstanding Drama Series finally shows up for this season, as "NYPD Blue" premieres on ABC. And on "Coach," Hayden and Christine finally meet the mother of their baby.
* "Greatest Hits on Ice" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WNUV, Channel 54) -- This is part two of a figure skating exhibition, with Kristi Yamaguchi and other top stars doing their stuff, accompanied by pop music hits.
* "Roseanne" (8 p.m.-8:30 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- Legendary Borscht Belt comic Shecky Greene makes a guest appearance as Roseanne and Dan (John Goodman) crash a bar mitzvah reception. ABC.
* "Nova: Hawaii Born of Fire" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- Once known as the Sandwich Islands, America's 50th state was pushed up out of the ocean by ferocious volcanic activity -- and the process continues. PBS.
* "Murderous Intent" (9 p.m.-11 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Corbin Bernsen and Lesley Ann Warren star in one more treatment of that good old thriller plot: the adulterous couple plotting the murder of a spouse. They don't count on difficulties from a troublesome daughter (Tushka Bergen). CBS.
* "Frontline: The Search for Satan" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- Whooo! Just like any commercial series, public TV's investigative show seems to be sensitive to the approach of Halloween. Tonight's episode offers a serious study of satanic cults. PBS.
* "Coach" (9:30 p.m.-10 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- A. J. Langer, who co-starred last season in the ill-fated teen series "My So-Called Life," appears here as the pregnant girl who is giving up her baby to a nervous Hayden (Craig T. Nelson) and Christine (Shelley Fabares). They meet for the first time. ABC.
* "NYPD Blue" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- After the sweet wedding that ended the series in the spring, Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) is back on the very mean streets again, as he and Simone (Jimmy Smits) investigate the potentially paralyzing shooting of Martinez (Nicholas Turturro). Will the perpetrator go free because he's a government informant? ABC.
* "Wonders of the Universe" (10 p.m.-10:30 p.m., The Learning Channel) -- Science quiz! What do the names Triton, Io, Ganymede and Mimas have in common? They're all moons orbiting planets of our solar system, says this outer space geography episode.