An incorrect address and phone number were listed for Sharp Farms in Thursday's Live story on pumpkin farms. Tours are available at Sharp's at Waterford Farm, 4003 Jennings Chapel Road, Brookville. The phone number is (301) 854-6275.
The Sun regrets the error.
Here is a bushel basket of places to harvest the fall bounty in the greater Baltimore area, some of which offer Halloween programs for families. In some cases, group tours can also be arranged.
Most of these establishments are listed in the "1995 Maryland Direct Farmer Market & Pick Your Own Directory," a publication from the Maryland Direct Farm Market Association, (410) 239-8505. (Copies are available at public libraries, state tourism offices and county extension offices.)
Anne Arundel County
* Boyer Farms, 1500 Severn Road, Severn; (410) 551-4797.
* Pumphrey's Home Grown Vegetables, 8220 Veterans Highway, Millersville; (410) 987-0669. Halloween group visits by appointment.
* Albright Farms Produce, 3505 Sweet Air Road, Phoenix; (410) 666-1116.
* Armacost Farms Orchard, 16926 Gorsuch Mill Road and state Route 137 (Mount Carmel Road), Upperco; (410) 239-3440.
* Fosters Mushroom and Vegetable Farm, Bonita Avenue west of Greenspring Avenue, Glyndon; (410) 833-4150. Family farm fun zoo, pumpkin picking, hayrides and scarecrow workshops on October weekends.
* Huber's Produce Farm, 12208 Philadelphia Road, Bradshaw; (410) 679-4018. Hayrides and group tours by appointment.
* Maple Hill Farm Market, 5205 East Glen Arm Road, Glen Arm; (410) 592-3232.
* Pahl's Farm, 4223 Bedford Road, Pikesville; (410) 484-0142.
* Spring Meadow Farms, 15513 Hanover Pike (State Route 30) five miles north of Reisterstown; (410) 239-8505. Weekend fall fests include hayrides, straw jumps, scarecrow workshops and farm zoo.
* Weber's Cider Mill Farm, 2526 Proctor Lane, Baltimore; (410) 668-4488. Pumpkinland, scarecrow-making, straw crawl and farm zoo.
* Valley View Farms, 11035 York Road, Cockeysville; (410) 527-0700. Pumpkin painting, face painting, haunted house walk.
* Baugher's Farm Orchard Market, 1236 Baugher Road, Westminster; (410) 848-5541.
* Buppert's Farm, 6914 Ridge Road, Mariottsville; (410) 795-6815. Pumpkin wagon rides.
* Sewell's Farm, 3400 Harney Road, Taneytown; (410) 756-4397.
* Spring Meadow Farms, state Route 30 five miles south of Hampstead; (410) 239-8505. Hayrides and scarecrow workshops.
* Belvedere Farm, 2840 Pleasantville Road, Fallston; (410) 877-1927. Weekend hayrides to pumpkin fields.
* Hoopes Quaker Hill Farm, 1955 Grafton Shop Road, Forest Hill; (410) 838-5583. Group wagon rides by appointment.
* Jones Produce Farm Market, 2100 Philadelphia Road, Edgewood; (410) 676-3709.
* Shaw Orchards, state Route 23 at Maryland/Pennsylvania Line; (410) 692-2429. Hayrides on Saturdays, tours by appointment.
* Cider Mill Farm, 5012 Landing Road, Elkridge; (410) 788-9595 (Baltimore line) or (800) 782-9595. Hayrides, pony rides, animal feeding, scarecrow-making and tours by appointment.
* Larriland Farms, 2415 state Route 94 (Exit 73 from I-70), Woodbine; (410) 442-2605. Hayrides, straw maze and hot apple fritters.
* Sharp Farms, on Sharp Road behind Glenelg High School, Glenelg; (410) 489-4630. Hayrides, popcorn-picking, animal feeding and tours.
For city dwellers, farmers bring their goods in from the fields:
* Baltimore Farmer's Market, 8 a.m.-noon (or sellout) Sundays, beneath Jones Falls Expressway at Holliday and Saratoga streets.
* Gardenville Farmer's Market, 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturdays, 4400 Frankford Ave. (at St. Anthony's Church).
* Howard Park Farmer's Market, 6 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, Woodbine and Liberty Heights avenues.
* Park Heights Community Farmer's Market, noon-6:30 pm., Park Heights Avenue at Pimlico Race Course.
* Waverly Farmer's Market, 7 a.m.-noon Saturdays, 400 block E. 32nd St., near Greenmount Avenue.