R.T. Moore's goal 13:34 into the game lifted No. 14 Maryland over host Richmond, 1-0, in men's soccer yesterday.
The Terps (9-4-1) have won two straight after losing two of their previous three games. The Spiders (6-8) were outshot by Maryland, 14-3, managing only one shot in the first half.
* Virginia 3, UMBC 0: Ben Olsen scored a pair of goals to lead top-ranked Virginia (12-0-1) over visiting UMBC (9-6).
* Salisbury State 4, Goucher 0: Kevin Rhodes had two goals and an assist to help Salisbury State (9-5, 6-0 in the Capital Athletic Conference) over visiting Goucher (7-8, 3-3).
* Johns Hopkins 2, Washington College 0: Eric West scored both goals to lead Johns Hopkins (11-4) over host Washington College (10-7).
* Gettysburg 3, Western Maryland 0: Greg Stevcic tied Gettysburg's single-season goal-scoring record, helping the Bullets (14-2, 6-1), who are ranked No. 22 in Division III, over Western Maryland (6-7-2, 1-5) in a Centennial Conference game.
* Maryland 2, James Madison 1: Michelle Deville scored the game-winning goal at the 86-minute mark to lead No. 11 Maryland (13-2) over visiting James Madison (10-5).
* UMBC 2, Loyola 2: Kasy Kruger scored two goals off assists from Denise Schilte, including the game-tying goal with 11:43 remaining, as visiting UMBC (6-7-1) tied Loyola (8-6-2).
* Towson State 4, American 1: Christine Maly (Joppatowne) scored twice on penalty kicks to pace host Towson State (2-9-2) over American (9-6-2).
* Johns Hopkins 2, Washington College 1, OT: Mary Ann McGuire scored two goals, including the game-winner 13 minutes into overtime, for visiting Johns Hopkins (6-5-1).