"Home Improvement" sidekick Richard Karn gets a chance to star in a new family movie tonight and nature is on display on Maryland Public Television.
* "Newton's Apple" (5:30 p.m.-6 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- The Emmy Award-winning family science series launched a 13th season this week with a visit to the circus, to study the physics involved in performing acrobatics and walking a tightrope. PBS.
* "Picture Perfect" (9 p.m.-11 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- Richard Karn plays a single father whose kids enter a "perfect family" contest. One problem: They lie and say he's married to his next-door neighbor (Mary Page Keller), a single mom he can't stand. ABC.
* "Outdoors Maryland" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- Cold, freshwater streams throughout Maryland beckon fishermen in search of the elusive trout, as documented in one segment of this installment of MPT's statewide travelogue series. MPT.
* "Nature: Jaguar, Year of the Cat" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- The wildlife study series offers an unprecedented photographic profile of the life cycle of the sleek jungle cat.
* "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" (7:30 p.m.-10 p.m., Lifetime) -- Michael Caine and Steve Martin play dueling con men in this droll 1988 comedy. On a bet, they each try to seduce an heiress on the Riviera (Glenne Headley).
* "Dana Carvey, Critics' Choice" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., HBO) -- The comic actor who left "Saturday Night Live" for the movies goes back to his stand-up roots.