Behind strong goalkeeping from Adam Huber, who made six saves, host John Carroll (6-5-3) upset second-ranked Curley, 3-1, yesterday in a boys soccer game.
The Patriots' Kevin Rosso scored the game's first goal on an indirect kick, and Rob Ivy scored the tiebreaker with 10 minutes left in the second half, after Friars (8-1-1) keeper Brad Bush misplayed the ball.
* Chesapeake-AA 4, North County 0: Brad Tepper scored twice for the undefeated, third-ranked Cougars as they easily handled the visiting Knights.
* Oakland Mills 2, Howard 1: Zuri Barnes scored the game-winner with 20 minutes left to lift No. 4 Oakland Mills (7-1) over host Howard (2-5-1). Mike Green gave Howard a 1-0 halftime advantage before Daniel Stoutenborogh tied it 10 minutes into the second half.
* McDonogh 5, Spalding 0: David Buehler scored the first goal at the four-minute mark to pace No. 5 McDonogh (9-2, 8-2) past visiting Spalding. McDonogh outshot Spalding, 9-6.
Ben Salisbury and Cap Poklemba gave McDonogh a 3-0 halftime advantage before David Koloski and Michael Paul added second-half goals.
* Calvert Hall 3, Loyola 0: Andy Lessner scored twice to lead the No. 6 Cardinals (9-3-1) over visiting Loyola (4-6-1) in an MIAA A Conference game.
* C.M. Wright 6, Aberdeen 1: Matt McFarlane had his second hat trick of the season and Peter Troilo added two goals and two assists for the seventh-ranked Mustangs (5-2-1).
* Mount Hebron 1, Hammond 0: Pat Halter scored the winning goal in the second overtime off a cross from Robbie Graham, as the 14th-ranked Vikings (6-2-1) upset the host No. 8 Bears.
* Gilman 4, Mount St. Joseph 2: Steve Beverage scored the game-winning goal at the 65th minute to lift visiting Gilman (8-5-1, 5-4) over Mount St. Joseph (5-8, 4-6) in an MIAA A Conference game.
* Howard 2, Oakland Mills 1 Karen Krupka's early second-half goal lifted the host No. 15 Lions (7-2) over No. 12 Oakland Mills. Howard's Elissa Sheffrin made eight saves.