Awkwardness in relationships dominates the sitcom lineup early tonight, while Maryland Public Television looks southward in a documentary about community activism and murdered singer Selena's husband speaks on cable.
* "Dweebs" (8 p.m.-8:30 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Warren (Peter Scolari) is unwittingly on the spot in a steal from "Cyrano de Bergerac." Carrie (Farrah Forke) has been sharing romantic messages with a girl on the Internet -- posing as Warren. Now the girl wants to meet him. CBS.
* "Family Matters" (8 p.m.-8:30 pm., WMAR, Channel 2) -- Urkel (Jaleel White) has an unusual kind of girl trouble: He's falling for a new flame (Amy Hunter) but doesn't want Myra (Michelle Thomas) to find out. ABC.
* "Boy Meets World" (8:30 p.m.-9 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- When he finally gets up the nerve to reveal his feelings, Cory (Ben Savage) does not receive quite the desired response from Topanga (Danielle Fishel). ABC.
* "The X-Files" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- Looking into a series of murders of fortune-tellers, Mulder (David Duchovny) encounters one seer (guest star Peter Boyle) who looks into his crystal ball and sees a killer targeting the agent. Fox.
* "Across the River" (9 p.m.-11 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- From the Baltimore perspective it's really down the road, of course. But this documentary, produced by Washington's WETA-TV and journalist Hedrick Smith, examines communities along the Anacostia River east of D.C., where citizens have banded together to improve the neighborhood.
* "Picket Fences" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Two murder suspects escape from prison. One of them is Littleton's (Don Cheadle) half-brother, and Kenny (Costas Mandylor) is shot trying to apprehend them. CBS.
* "Selena: Music, Tragedy & Trial" (10 p.m.-10:30 p.m, VH1) -- This news special features an exclusive interview with Chris Perez, husband of the murdered Tejano singing star, Selena Quintanilla Perez. Her alleged killer, a fan club official, went on RTC trial this week in Houston. The program also features a segment on the making of the hit "Dreaming of You."