James Holley had 12 carries for 153 yards and two touchdowns as host No. 6 Overlea (5-0) defeated 2-3 Towson, 51-14, yesterday.
Overlea's Matt Davis completed 7 of 12 passes for 46 yards and three touchdowns.
* Arundel 21, North County 14: John Norsworthy's 2-yard plunge with 1:51 left lifted No. 5 Arundel (5-0) over No. 10 North County (2-3).
The game featured a combined 62 passes for 420 yards with no interceptions and virtually ended the Knights' hopes of defending their 4A state title.
* Oakland Mills, 28, Atholton 6: No. 7 Oakland Mills (3-2) led 28-0 at halftime and racked up 141 yards rushing and 101 yards passing in that half to defeat No. 15 Atholton (3-2).
Quarterback Irving Conwell completed 7 of 12 passes for 157 yards and one touchdown.
lTC * City 36, Gilman 8: City's Damian Beane had 344 total yards as the No. 9 Knights (3-2) beat host Gilman (0-4).
Beane had 222 yards rushing, caught a pass for 37 yards and returned a punt 85 yards for a touchdown.
* Hammond 14, Mount Hebron 6: Tim Spruill ran for 131 yards on 20 carries as No. 14 Hammond (5-0) defeated host Mount Hebron (2-3).
Spruill's 8-yard touchdown run in the final quarter added insurance to a Golden Bears' 7-6 lead.
* Centennial 22, Howard 0: Two first-half touchdown runs of 1 and 7 yards by Scott Bross and a 42-yard pass from John Webster to John Woods led Centennial (3-2) over Howard (3-2).
* Dulaney 30, Eastern Tech 7: Jeff Thomas had 14 carries for 101 yards and scored one touchdown to lead visiting Dulaney (4-1) over Eastern Tech (0-5).
* Hereford 41, Chesapeake-BC 0: Senior Jeremy Riddle threw for 129 yards on 10-for-13 passing and two touchdowns, as visiting Hereford (3-2) beat Chesapeake-BC (0-5).
Dan Stewart ran for 114 yards and two touchdowns.
* Hickey 40, Western Tech 8: Quarterback Pete Ekani had 142 yards of total offense, scoring once and throwing an 80-yard touchdown pass to lead Hickey (3-0) over host Western Tech.
Tim Kelly led the defense with six tackles and two sacks.
* North Harford 31, Joppatowne 6: Cory Skidmore ran for 117 yards and three touchdowns to help host North Harford (1-4) over Joppatowne (1-4).
* Patapsco 22, Pikesville 6: Dave Dillard rushed for 136 yards on 20 carries, including a touchdown and a two-point conversion, as host Patapsco (2-3) defeated Pikesville (2-3).
The game marks the first time Patapsco has won two games in a row since 1987.
Ron Wolf completed 4 of 6 passes for 67 yards, a touchdown and a two-point conversion.
* Perry Hall 41, Franklin 14: Kevin Znamirowski threw for 282 yards and four touchdowns on 16-for-19 passing as Perry Hall (3-2) beat host Franklin (0-5).
* Randallstown 22, South River 21: Randelle Issabele and Felix Buchanan combined for two touchdowns as host Randallstown (4-1) defeated South River (2-3).
Issabele completed 8 of 15 passes for 92 yards and Buchanan had three receptions for 74 yards.
* Severn 23, McDonogh 20: Senior quarterback Willie Wu threw for two touchdowns to lead visiting Severn (4-1) past McDonogh (0-4).
* Sparrows Point 44, Carver A&T; 0: Derrill Smith rushed for 81 yards on nine carries and returned a punt 55 yards for a touchdown, as host Sparrows Point (4-1) beat Carver A&T; (0-4).
* Woodlawn 26, Parkville 8: Maurice Walker scored two touchdowns to lead visiting Woodlawn over Parkville (1-4).