Nedufa Kuleo scored once in each half as host St. John's (8-2-1) upset No. 13 Maryland (7-3-1), 2-0, yesterday in men's soccer action in Jamaica, N.Y.
St. John's outshot Maryland, 7-6.
* Loyola 4, Philadelphia Textile 1: Bill Heiser scored twice -- at 2:57 of the first and with one second remaining in the second half -- as visiting Loyola (7-4) defeated Philadelphia Textile (3-6-1).
The win is the second straight for the Greyhounds and the second consecutive two-goal game for Heiser.
* Washington College 1, Dickinson 0: Andrew King scored at the 74:20 mark of the second half as host Washington College (8-4-1, 2-2) defeated Dickinson (7-5, 2-2) in Centennial Conference action.
* St. Francis 1, Mount St. Mary's 1, 2 OT: The Mount's Keith Kennedy and the Terriers' Gary Gooden made five and six saves, respectively, as host St. Francis (6-5-1, 1-2-1) and Mount St. Mary's (5-4-2, 2-1-2) played to a tie in Northeast Conference action in Brooklyn, N.Y.
* St. Mary's 1, Goucher 0: Senior forward John McManus (Severna Park) scored unassisted in the 83rd minute as visiting St. Mary's (6-6, 3-1) downed Goucher (6-6-1, 3-2) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
* Hofstra 3, Towson State 1: Sophomore Suzanne Newell scored twice to rally Hofstra past host Towson State.
* St. Mary's 4, Goucher 2: Stephanie Karpinski and Kelly Miller scored late in the second half to lift visiting St. Mary's (7-3, 3-2) over Goucher (7-5, 1-2) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.