Krissy Jost (Perry Hall) was the fourth Villanova finisher and 13th overall as the Wildcats captured the Boston Invitational after losing their season opener. Villanova is favored to win its seventh straight Division I title.
* In Wisconsin's first two meets, senior co-captain Jennifer Howard (Fallston) was 10th in the Illinois Invitational and 32nd in the Nike Invitational. Wisconsin is ranked No. 8 in Division I.
* Sophomore Amanda Beckenstein (Oakland Mills) led Bryn Mawr to a second-place finish in the Mule Invitational with a 21:16 clocking over the 5,000-meter course. . . . Stephanie Morningstar (Westminster) was sixth in Virginia's victory in the George Mason Invitational. . . In Williams' win in its own invitational, Greg Buck (Gilman) was 20th. . . . Greg Curtis (Oakland Mills) was 21st as Brown finished runner-up to Edinboro in the UMass-Dartmouth Invitational. . . . Sophomore Jen Myers (Liberty) was 22nd among 52 as York College wound up sixth in the Susquehanna Invitational.
After making eight tackles as a backup in Tennessee's first three games, redshirt freshman defensive tackle Ron Green (Severna Park) started against Mississippi State and recovered a fumble, the first of his career.
* Sophomore fullback Chris Cortina (Cardinal Gibbons) scored touchdowns on runs of 20, one and two yards in Ohio Wesleyan's 62-6 rout of Oberlin.
* Freshman Ben Fortkamp (Loyola) caught three passes for 70 yards in Denison's 10-7 loss to Wooster.
The Penn State women's team (9-2) got a goal from freshman Heather Miskiewicz (Mercy) in its 7-0 victory over Buffalo.
* Kevin Morgan (Fallston) leads York College in scoring with eight points on four goals. Since opening the season 2-0, York has dropped eight straight.
* Sophomore defender Bryan Morrison was named Marymount's male athlete of the month for September.
Gibson Island's Mike Ramsden leads Lynchburg in stroke average (78) after shooting a 156 over 36 holes as the Hornets finished fourth out of nine teams in the Washington and Lee Invitational.