Sophomore midfielder Teddy Lawler (Oakland Mills) scored in the 32nd minute yesterday, lifting the UMBC men's soccer team (6-3, 2-0) to its third straight victory, 1-0 over Winthrop (3-6, 0-2) in a Big South Conference game at UMBC Stadium.
* Loyola 3, Fairfield 0: Senior midfielder Bill Heiser scored twice as Loyola (6-4, 2-0) earned its fourth shutout, beating Fairfield in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference game at Curley Field.
* Franklin & Marshall 1, Western Maryland 0: Freshman Jamie Strother scored with 9:28 left in the first half to lift Franklin & Marshall (5-6, 1-3) to a Centennial Conference victory over Western Maryland (6-3-1, 1-2).
* Loyola 2, Manhattan 0: Junior midfielder Cara Mooney had a goal and an assist to lead Loyola (7-3-1, 4-1) over visiting Manhattan in an MAAC game. Greyhounds goalkeeper Erin Gilroy has three consecutive shutouts and nine in her career. He goals-against average this season is 0.19.
* Hartford 7, Towson State 0: Senior All-American Jessica Reifer recorded her fifth career hat trick and led No. 4 Hartford (8-0) to a North Atlantic Conference victory over Towson State (1-6-1). Hartford's start is the best in the program's 12-year history.
* Western Maryland 5, Swarthmore 1: Natalie Hannibal (Liberty) scored twice to lead Western Maryland (5-2, 2-0) past Swarthmore (1-8-1, 0-3) in a Centennial Conference game.
* Johns Hopkins 0, Bryn Mawr 0: Johns Hopkins' Francine Brennan and Bryn Mawr's Emily Kupprion made 16 saves each in the tie. The Blue Jays (4-3-1) outshot Bryn Mawr (6-3-1), 33-23.
* Goucher 1, Catholic 0: Senior forward Michele Mohlman scored with 5:02 remaining to propel host Goucher (8-1-1, 3-1) over Catholic (4-6, 0-2) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
* Delaware 3, Towson State 1: Freshman Kelly Cawley scored two goals as Delaware rallied to defeat Towson State for the 16th straight time and end the Tigers' three-game winning streak.