Three Laurel residents were arrested at a U-Haul business after an alarm drew the attention of police officers yesterday morning, Howard County police said.
James Wayne Chaney, 48, of the 500 block of Main St.; Anna Marie Hamilton, 36, of the 10100 block of U.S. 1; and Timothy Allen Kurtz, 30, of the 600 block of Montgomery St., were charged with breaking and entering, destruction of property and theft, police said.
All were being held at the Howard County Detention Center on $10,000 bonds yesterday, a District Court commissioner said.
About 12:15 a.m., officers responded to a burglar alarm at the truck rental lot in the 10100 block of U.S. 1 and saw two people near the side of the business and another behind a trailer, police said.
Five arrested on drug charges
Howard County police officers acting on a tip arrested five people at a Jessup home Monday night and charged them with drug offenses, police said.
Officers found bags of marijuana, several marijuana cigarettes, smoking devices, packaging materials and other drug paraphernalia at the home in the 7700 block of U.S. 1, police said.
Police said they charged the following people from Jessup and Elkridge with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia:
* Norman Danico Jongezoon, 23, who was being held at the Howard County Detention Center yesterday on $10,000 bond.
* Laura Ann Fox, who was being held on $25,000 bond.
* Jaun Carlos Alvardo, 19, who was being held on $15,000 bond.
* Clifford Michael Taylor, 35, who was released on personal recognizance.
* Wayne Alonzo Betro Jr., 20, who was released on an unsecured bond.
North Laurel: Laurel Race Track: A white 1982 Ford LTD with Maryland tags 25904HC was stolen Friday.