Dennis Sowell scored two touchdowns, leading Crossland of Prince George's County to a 21-6 victory over visiting and No. 6 City yesterday.
The Knights (1-2) opened the scoring as Michael Johnson threw a 20-yard scoring pass to Kevin Griffin.
Crossland (3-0), ranked No. 5 in the Washington area, tied the game as Julian Peterson recovered a blocked punt in the end zone. Sowell's 16-yard scoring run in the third quarter gave Crossland its first lead at 12-6.
* Perry Hall 28, Kenwood 19: Kevin Znamirowski completed eight of 20 passes for 144 yards and two touchdowns as host No. 11 Perry Hall (2-1) defeated Kenwood (0-3). Kenwood's Steve Kelley rushed for 200 yards and three touchdowns.
* Bladensburg 24, Gilman 14: Rody Bowden rushed for 207 yards and a touchdown, leading visiting Bladensburg of Prince George's County (1-2) past Gilman (0-2). Danny Coyle and Matt Garrity scored for Gilman on passes from Russell Wrenn.
* Boys' Latin 18, Sidwell Friends, 13: Jason Leneau rushed for 91 yards and two touchdowns as host Boys' Latin (2-1) downed Sidwell Friends (0-3).
* Dulaney 14, Woodlawn 6: Sean Schoder had nine carries for 76 yards and two touchdowns as host Dulaney (2-1) edged Woodlawn.
* Linganore 38, Calvert Hall 16: Justin Brown completed one touchdown pass, made a field goal and went 4-for-4 in extra-point conversions as visiting Linganore (2-0) defeated Calvert Hall (1-2).
* Loch Raven 14, Towson 12: Ron DeJuliis completed six of 15 passes for 74 yards, including a touchdown, as Loch Raven (3-0) defeated Towson (0-3).
* Milford Mill 26, Catonsville 12: David Bazemore rushed for 54 yards and three touchdowns to pace host Milford Mill (2-1) past Catonsville.
* Owings Mills 28, Hereford 18: Sean Myles rushed for 95 yards and two touchdowns to pace visiting Owings Mills (3-0) past Hereford (1-2). Myles also caught a 20-yard touchdown pass.
* Pikesville 20, Chesapeake-BC 8: Larry Williams rushed for 151 yards and two touchdowns to pace host Pikesville (2-1) past Chesapeake-BC (0-3).
* Randallstown 22, Parkville 14: Devin Johnson scored two touchdowns and a two-point conversion to pace visiting Randallstown (2-1) past Parkville (0-3).
* St. Paul's 24, Bullis Prep 12: Chris Berrier ran for 132 yards and scored two touchdowns leading St. Paul's (3-0) past visiting Bullis Prep (0-3). Connor Gill was 7-for-12 for 101 yards and one score.
* Western Tech 22, Friends 0: Kevin Sayer rushed for 109 yards and a touchdown as host Western Tech (1-2) shut out Friends (0-2).