Chris Poling scored the game's only touchdown with a 1-yard run in the third quarter as visiting Howard (2-0) defeated Edmondson, 6-0, yesterday. Poling, a senior quarterback, keyed the score with a 41-yard pass to Matt Sartwell.
* Patterson 35, Douglass 0: Dwayne Simmons scored four touchdowns to pace No. 3 Patterson (2-0) over host Douglass. Simmons ran for 103 yards and caught two passes for 54 yards.
Quarterback Carnest Peele completed seven of 11 passes for 105 yards and two touchdowns. Rahim Booth led the defense with nine tackles, including four for losses.
* Aberdeen 46, Joppatowne 0: Dondre Gilliam ran for 150 yards and three touchdowns, including scoring runs of 22 and 45 yards as No. 11 Aberdeen (1-1) topped host Joppatowne.
* Lake Clifton 26, Northwestern 0: Tailback Darnell Parasall rushed for 165 yards and a touchdown to lift Lake Clifton (1-1) over visiting Northwestern (0-2). Terril Lowery made three receptions for 82 yards and two touchdowns.
Quarterbacks Joseph Able and Michael Randolph combined for 159 yards passing and two touchdowns for the Lakers.
* Northern 12, Walbrook 6: Jeffrey Blackwell's 38-yard punt return late in the fourth quarter lifted Northern (1-1) past visiting Walbrook (0-2). Trailing 6-0 entering the fourth quarter, the Vikings' Robert Dukes scored from 1 yard out.
* Southern-B 28 Southwestern 6: Quarterback Brian Kennedy completed eight of 12 passes for 150 yards, including two touchdowns, as host Southern-B (1-1, 1-0) downed Southwestern (0-2, 0-2).
Kennedy rushed eight times for 86 yards, a touchdown and two two-point conversions.
* Owings Mills 41, Towson 40 (OT): Sean Myles scored on a 10-yard touchdown run to tie the game and Nick Paptanokis made the extra-point to lift visiting Owings Mills (2-0) over Towson (0-2) in overtime.
Myles had seven carries for 133 yards and two touchdowns. He also caught two passes for a 107 yards, including a touchdown.
* Severn 41, Southern-AA 6: Dennard Melton ran for 105 yards and scored four touchdowns on seven carries as Severn (2-0) downed visiting Southern-AA. Jon Butcher had 105 yards rushing for the Admirals.
* St. Paul's 34, Northeast 0: Tailback Chris Berrier rushed for 164 yards and Scott Kim scored two touchdowns and rushed for 107 yards to lead St. Paul's over visiting Northeast.
* Mervo 16, Meade 12: Carroll Scott rushed 15 times for 86 yards, including the game-winning touchdown and two-point conversion, to lift visiting Mervo (1-1) over Meade (1-1).
Meade's Roman Harrison had 29 carries for 160 yards.
* Annapolis 28, Carver 6: Marty Sellers rushed for 116 yards and two touchdowns leading host Annapolis (1-1) past Carver (1-1). Brandt Hager and Eric Pickett also scored a touchdown for Annapolis. Kevin Gregory scored Carver's only touchdown.
* Calvert 31, Old Mill 19: Anthony Coyne completed nine of 15 passes for 234 yards, including two touchdowns as visiting Calvert (2-0) downed Old Mill (1-1).
Coyne rushed six times for 35 yards, including two touchdowns. Chuck Manns threw for one touchdown and ran for two scores.
* Lansdowne 14, Col. Richardson 2: Mike Queen caught a 16-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter to help visiting Lansdowne (1-1) over Colonel Richardson. Queen made 10 tackles and two interceptions.
* Milford Mill 38, Hereford 14: David Bazemore and Brandon Scarborough each scored two touchdowns leading host Milford Mill (1-1) past Hereford (1-1).
* Catonsville 24, Gibbons 19: Ryan Davis rushed for 156 yards and two touchdowns, including the game-winner with 1:16 remaining, lifting host Catonsville (2-0) past Gibbons (0-1). Rashaam Harcum rushed for 129 yards and two touchdowns.
* Woodlawn 14, Kenwood 6: Steve Kelley rushed for 119 yards for Kenwood (0-2), but it wasn't enough as visiting Woodlawn (1-1) won its first game of the season.
* Fallston 26, Bel Air 15: Matt Sutphin rushed for 213 yards on 26 carries and two touchdowns leading Fallston (2-0) past Bel Air (1-1).
Senior kicker Kristy Heron converted two of three extra-point opportunities for Fallston.
TOP 15 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Team (record), This week, Next week
1. Mt. St. Joe (2-0), Paul VI, today, 1:30, idle
2. Dunbar (1-0), at Douglass-PG, today, 1:30, Largo
Patterson (2-0), beat Douglass-B, 35-0, Lake Clifton
C.M. Wright (2-0), beat North Harford, at Loyola
5. Oakland Mills (1-1), lost to Linganore, 14-6, Thomas Johnson
6. Gilman (0-0), Boys' Latin, today, 1, Bladensburg
City (1-1), beat Forest Park, 27-24, at Crossland
8. Poly (0-1) Friendly, today, 1, at Forest Park
9. North County (0-2), lost to Crossland, 21-0, at Chesapeake-AA
10. Loyola (0-0), Gonzaga, D.C., today, 2, C. M. Wright
11. Aberdeen (1-1), beat Joppatowne, 46-0, Havre de Grace
12. Arundel (2-0), beat Northern-Cal., 12-0, Broadneck
13. Overlea (1-0), Chesapeake-BC, today, 1, Franklin
14. South Carroll (1-0), at Centennial, today, 1, at Glenelg
15. Perry Hall (0-1), Parkville, today, 1, Kenwood