Michael Neal's goal with 14 minutes remaining gave Colgate a 1-0 victory over Navy in a Patriot League men's soccer game last night in Annapolis.
Neal's goal came off a pass from Chris Schweighart and broke a scoreless tie. Navy (1-2, 0-1) had just six shots on goal, and the Red Raiders (1-2, 1-0) managed just five.
* Towson State 3, Manhattan 0: Richard Moller scored two goals and Petteri Kaijasilta added a goal as Towson State (3-0) defeated Manhattan (0-2) in the Towson State Invitational. Mike Stillman had five saves for his second shutout of the season and eighth of his career.
* Western Maryland 3, Catholic 1: Christian Abildso scored twice the second overtime to boost Western Maryland (4-0). Abildso broke a 1-1 tie with 11:08 left in the second 15-minute extra session, then added an insurance goal with 12 seconds remaining.
* SUNY-Binghamton 2, Salisbury State 0: Elsan Dzudza and David Pabon each scored a goal as SUNY-Binghamton (1-1-1) defeated Salisbury State (0-1) at the Mary Washington Invitational.
* St. Mary's 4, Villa Julie 2: John McManus had a goal and an assist, leading St. Mary's (3-2) past Villa Julie (1-4). Greg Foti, Ryan Volegtlin and Brian Waud also scored for St. Mary's.
* Johns Hopkins 5, William Patterson 2: Peter Quin scored two goals and Eric West added a goal and an assist, leading visiting Johns Hopkins (2-0) past William Patterson (2-1).
* Howard 1, Mount St. Mary's 0: Mount goalkeeper Keith Kennedy mishandled the ball and Howard's Gregory Simmonds put it into an open net 31 minutes into the game to lift Howard (3-0) over Mount St. Mary's (2-1) in Washington.
* St. Peter's 1, Loyola 0: Senior midfielder Denise Saliola scored on a rebound shot 18 seconds in the second overtime, lifting visiting St. Peter's (3-1) past Loyola (2-2) in a Metro Atlantic Conference game. Kirsten Byrnes had 11 saves for St. Peter's.
* Georgetown 2, Towson State 1: Freshman Alex Desbrow had a goal and an assist to help Georgetown (2-0) defeat Towson State (0-2) in Washington.
* Navy 4, Holy Cross 0: Navy (3-0, 1-0) got two goals from junior Amy McGrath and one each from freshman Anne Kipp and sophomore Cori Thornton as it defeated visiting Holy Cross (1-2-1, 0-1) in a Patriot League game.