Jerry Lewis does his telethon all day, and Cal Ripken Jr. receives another documentary salute tonight, the eve of the game in which he can tie Lou Gehrig's record.
* "Stars Across America! Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Weekend" (Until 6:30 p.m. today, WMAR, Channel 2) -- The 30th annual edition of the national telethon aims to top last year's record $47.1 million in pledges toward fighting muscular dystrophy. Channel 2's Keith Cate, Sandra Pinckney, Tony Pagnotti and Sherry Jones are hosts of local segments.
* "Ironman Cal" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Sports anchor Jon Buren interviews Cal Ripken Jr. in this special, a collaboration with HomeTeam Sports. (The cable network's version, "Hats Off to Cal," with host Jim Palmer, was telecast last night and also repeats at 12:30 p.m. today and 7:30 p.m. tomorrow.) The review of the shortstop's career includes interviews with family, fellow players and baseball announcers.
* "Star Trek: Voyager" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WNUV, Channel 54) -- In a promotional gimmick, MTV personalities Kennedy and Idalis are guest hosts of this show tonight. Kennedy even has a bit part in the episode, in which Chakotay (Robert Beltran) blunders into trouble with a young alien when he takes a shuttle craft to observe an Indian ritual. UPN.
* "Secrets of the Rock: Return to Alcatraz" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- Former guards and inmates of the ominous island prison in San Francisco Bay return to share their memories. The show is the first of three "Secrets of . . ." documentaries on successive Mondays.
* "Nowhere Man" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WNUV, Channel 54) -- In the second episode of the new series, Veil (Bruce Greenwood) assumes the identity of the doctor who did his "conditioning." But he is tracked down and asked to perform the same procedure on someone else. UPN.