The Baltimore Cable Access Corp. will be host of the inaugural presentation of the Cameo Awards, noting excellence in community/public-access television in Baltimore, at an awards ceremony to take place Sept. 16 at the Baltimore Museum of Art.
The corporation oversees programming on Channel 42. It also provides city residents and city-based nonprofit organizations the opportunity to produce their own television programs, using corporation equipment and facilities at Coppin State College. Since 1993, nearly 500 people have been trained at the facility.
The Cameo Awards highlight the achievement of those who have produced and aired community programming.
G; For information, call (410) 383-5556 or (410) 383-5585.
Center Stage, 700 N. Calvert St., will hold a workshop for high-school teachers on using theater as a classroom teaching tool. Sessions are scheduled 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 16 and again 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 23 . Reservations must be made by Sept. 12. Call (410) 685-3200, Ext. 361.
An exhibit of works in various media by faculty members of the Maryland Institute, College of Art, is on display through Sept. 24 in the Meyerhoff Gallery, Mount Royal Station building.
Baltimore City Life Museums has an opening for a coordinator of museum theater programs. Applicant should have experience directing, performing and writing plays. Call (410) 396-9911 by .. Sept. 15 to arrange an interview.
* Baltimore City Life Museums will hold auditions for African-American actors and actresses for salaried positions for performances about Pennsylvania Avenue in the 1940s and servants in the Carroll Mansion in the 1830s. Call (410) 396-9911 by Sept. 15 to arrange an audition.
* The Baltimore Choral Arts Society will hold auditions Sept. 5-6 for experienced volunteer singers wishing to join the full chorus. Auditions are by appointment only. The chorus rehearses Monday evenings and will perform at least eight concerts in the 1995-'96 season. For an appointment, call (410) 523-7070.
* The Hopkins Symphony Orchestra, a student/community orchestra made up of Johns Hopkins University students, alumni, staff and local citizens, will hold auditions for new members 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sept. 8 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 9. schedule an audition time and location, call (410) 516-6542.
* Senior Star Showcase at Essex Community College, a musical theater company for people over 55, will hold auditions Sept. 5 for productions in the coming season. Singers and dancers are needed for the December production of "White Christmas" and the May production of "Annie Get Your Gun." No previous experience is necessary. Call (410) 780-6535 for an appointment.
* Columbia Pro Cantare Chorus has openings in all vocal ranges for performances in the 1995-1996 season. Tenors and basses are especially encouraged to audition for the 100-voice chorus. Call (410) 750-8549 or (410) 465-5744 to schedule an audition. Rehearsals begin Sept. 5 and are held Tuesday nights from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. First concert will be held Oct. 29 in Washington.
* Greater Baltimore Youth Orchestra Sinfonia and Philharmonic will hold auditions for new members 4:30 p.m. Sept. 5-6, at Essex Community College, 7200 Rossville Blvd.. Call (410) 821-5783 or (410) 780-6521 for an appointment.
* Fell's Point Corner Theater, 251 S. Ann St., will hold auditions 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12-13 for "All in the Timing." Needed are men and women age 20-40. Those who audition should prepare a two-minute monologue. Play will be presented Jan. 19 through Feb. 25. (410) 466-8341.
* Baltimore Chamber Chorale (formerly the St. Charles Chorale) will hold auditions Sept. 12-13. Call (410) 242-6130 to schedule a time.
* Ballet Theatre of Annapolis is holding auditions for students nTC (minimum age 7) to appear in the annual December production of "The Nutcracker," beginning at 4 p.m. Sept. 15 at the Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts in Annapolis. All children should be accompanied by an adult and register 30 minutes before audition time. Dress is black leotard and pink tights for girls and white T-shirt and black tights for boys. Registration fee. For more information, call (410) 263-8289.
* The Performance Workshop Theater Company will hold auditions for two male actors who can portray characters ranging in age from early 40s through late 50s, for the British production of "Mixed Doubles/An Entertainment on Marriage." The company is also interviewing for the position of stage manger. All positions are paid. For appointment, call (410) 659-7830 or (410) 276-8490.