* E. I. Kane Cos. announced the selection of Jeffrey C. Lang as executive vice president of the intermodal division. Donna Baldwin and Joseph Evans joined the Baltimore transport company as safety director and fleet manager, respectively.
* Holiday Inn at Timonium Plaza has chosen Jane Weeks as director of sales.
* Southern Maryland Oil, La Plata-based supplier of home heating oil and services, named Roger L. Engelau general manager.
* Preston Trucking has added Karen Meacci to its staff as director of marketing.
* Chesapeake Communications Group announced that Pamela C. Berline has joined the Towson-based marketing and communications firm as a principal.
* Weinberg Harris & Associates, a Baltimore public and corporate relations firm, named Rachel L. Rhodes an assistant account executive.
Legal and insurance
* Hodes, Ulman, Pessin & Katz admitted John C. Cameron as counsel. He will head the Towson-based regional law firm's health care division.
* Century Engineering Inc., consulting engineers headquartered in Towson, has appointed Eduardo Acevedo as director of environmental engineering.
* Martucci & Associates announced that Polly R. Grande joined the Baltimore accounting firm as accountant-in-charge, small business accounting and tax matters.
* Sheppard Pratt Health Systems has selected John M. Pumphrey to be executive director of its child and adolescent residential treatment center.
* Northwest Hospital Center appointed Gail Heiss as director of community services, coordinating the hospital's health screening as well as many of its educational outreach programs.
Commercial real estate
* Hicks & Rotner Associates named Stewart A. Shannon as an associate.