1. Powers Homes has opened a model of the Avenel, one of eight traditional homes the firm is offering at Reservoir Woods, where 40 houses will be built on one- to four-acre lots in Harrisonville, in western Baltimore County.
An angled, open foyer leads to the Avenel, a 2,375-square-foot house with a beginning price of $225,490.
There is a 14-by-13-foot living room, 14-by-11-foot dining room, 14-by-9-foot kitchen, 14-by-8-foot breakfast area, 17-by-23-foot family room with 10-foot ceiling, powder room and two-car garage.
A 19-by-13-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and bath with soaking tub, separate shower, dual vanities and a toilet with a privacy door are in the second-floor master suite.
A laundry room, full hall bath and three more bedrooms complete this level.
The smallest and least expensive home offered at Reservoir Woods is the Providence with a base price of $198,990 for 2,000 square feet of living space.
A 14-by-12-foot living room, 10-by-10-foot dining room, 15-by-12-foot eat-in kitchen, 16-by-12-foot family room, two-level foyer with coat closet, powder room and two-car garage occupy the first floor.
Upstairs, the master suite has a walk-in closet, 17-by-12-foot bedroom and full bath. There are three additional bedrooms, a full hall bath and a linen closet on the second floor.
The largest home being built is the 2,700-square-foot Brittingham which has a library, brick front, first floor laundry room, two-zone heat and air conditioning, five bedrooms and a step-down family room.
The starting price is $247,990.
* Builder: Powers Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 655-5141.
* Developer: Reservoir Woods L.L.C.
* Base prices: $198,990 to $247,990.
* Style: Traditional.
* Number of homes: 40.
* Lot sizes: one to four acres.
* Square-footage: 2,000 to 2,700.
* Options: Direct vent gas fireplace ($4,275), walk-out basement with 6-foot sliding glass door ($2,700), bay window ($3,000), skylight ($700), stone front ($4,000), 3-foot family room extension on Avenel ($6,000).
2. Greenfield Homes Inc. has completed a model of the Hastings, one of eight two-story Colonial homes the company is building at Fox Valley in West Friendship.
The Hastings has 3,600 square feet of finished space and a starting price of $428,600.
Across the front there is a two-car side-entry garage, 13-by-17-foot dining room, a two-story "grand foyer," and a 13-by-15-foot living room.
At the rear the large kitchen has a walk-in pantry, work island and angled breakfast bar.
There is also a circular breakfast room, a two-level 20-by-15-foot great room, laundry room, a full bath and a 13-by-11-foot study.
Also featured are a circular, vaulted sitting room, 20-by-15-foot bedroom, his-and-her walk-in closets and a bath with a soaking tub, dual vanities, separate shower and privacy toilet. Bedroom two has a private bath, while bedrooms three and four share a full bath.
The smallest and least expensive home in Greenfield's "executive series" is the Dover, which has 2,800 square feet and a base price of $359,900.
On the first floor there is an open two-story foyer, 12-by-15-foot dining room, 12-by-13-foot living room, 15-by-17-foot two-level great room, kitchen with pantry, breakfast room, powder room, coat closet and laundry.
The second-floor master suite has a sitting room, 13-by-20-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and master bath with doored toilet, dual vanities, and shower and soaking tub. The second bedroom has its own bath.
There are two more bedrooms and a full hall bath.
Greenfield Homes at Fox Valley include gas family room fireplaces with marble hearth and surround, full or partial brick front, two-zone heating and cooling, hardwood floor in the foyer, 9-foot ceilings on the first floor and ventilated closet shelving as standard features.
The model is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Tuesday.
Take I-695 to I-70 west to Route 32 south, to Fox Valley entrance on the right.
* Builder: Greenfield Homes Inc.
* Phone number: (410) 781-6782.
* Developer: Land Design Development.
* Base prices: $359,900 to $438,700.
* Style: Colonial.
* Number of homes: 104
* Lot sizes: 1 acre.
* Square-footage: 2,800 to 3,600.
* Options: Cedar closet ($650), butler's pantry, 15-by-17-foot sun room ($19,500), gas fireplace in master bedroom ($2,800), custom deck ($25 per square foot), porcelain cast iron kitchen sink.