Around the house
* A coffee filter placed inside a cast-iron skillet when stored will absorb moisture and prevent rusting.
* When making your own baby food, puree and freeze in ice-cube trays; store in a plastic bag and defrost as needed.
* To prevent ice crystals from forming on ice cream, place a sheet of aluminum foil or plastic wrap against the ice cream surface after opening the carton. Close and store in plastic bag in freezer.
* Find cleaning cloths quickly. Attach to cleaning product, such as scouring powder, with rubber band.
* Use empty film canisters as travel containers for lotions and creams.
* Spray a fine mist of water onto carpet before vacuuming. Damp pet hairs are more easily suctioned up.
In the garden
* Snip flowers from thorny plants like roses without stabbing fingers by holding stems with a spring clothespin.