The following are recent filings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland, Baltimore City:
* Chemalysis Inc., 8510 Corridor Road, Savage, a professional firm specializing in environmental relations, filed under Chapter 13. Principals: Andrew S. Tegeris, president, Hloy K. Tegeris, vice president and secretary. Assets: under $50,000; liabilities: $1.8 million.
* Deborah Ann Ebner, 1506 West Street, Annapolis, d/b/a Diversified Financial Resources Corp., filed under Chapter 7. Assets: $186,065; liabilities: $271,637.
* William Emerson Whitaker, 634 Towne Center Drive, Joppa, a tile and marble installation business, filed Chapter 7. Assets: under $50,000; liabilities: over $50,000.
* U.S. Film Co. Inc., 2700 Hollins Ferry Road, T/A R.S.V.P. Printing filed Chapter 7. Principle: Vincent Myers, president. Assets: $14,530; liabilities: $50,737.
* Charles P. Simpson and Joan H. Simpson, 3029 Bellchase Road,
Fallston, a retail sales business filed under Chapter 7. Assets: $7,450; liabilities: $84,336.
* La Plaza Chess King, lessee of a retail store known as Garage in McAllen, Tex., 3300 Fashion Way, Joppa, filed under Chapter 11. Principal: Robert J. Reiners, vice president and secretary. Assets and liabilities are not yet determined.
* Rick's Party Shoppe, 4526 Washington Blvd., a retail package liquor store, filed under Chapter 13. Principle: Hyun Kwak. Assets:
$370,000; liabilities: $107,900.
The following are the most common types of filings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code:
CHAPTER 7 -- Liquidation.
CHAPTER 11 -- Reorganization.
CHAPTER 12 -- Agriculture, Family Farm with other income.
CHAPTER 13 -- Adjustment of debts of an individual with regular income.
a.k.a. (also known as), d/b/a (doing business as), t/a (trading as). n/a: not available. LLC: Limited Liability Co.; L/P: Limited Partnership. P/A: Professional Association. P/C: Professional Corporation.