* McCormick & Co. , the Hunt Valley-based international spice and flavors house, appointed David G. Harlow director of taxes and Michael J. Thomas and Michael R. Smith as managers, financial planning.
* Maryland Transportation Authority has chosen Lori A. Vidil for the newly created position of director of media and customer relations.
* KPL Diagnostics named Brenda Glidewell-Erickson North American sales manager for the Gaithersburg maker of immunodiagnostic testing kits.
* Advance Business Systems appointed Leonard Dembeck III, Sean Durgin, Corey Jordan and David Taylor to the Cockeysville-based office equipment company's technical staff.
* Meetings USA, a Baltimore-based meeting planning firm, named Pamela Lynch national sales manager and Colleen Kelley meeting coordinator.
* The Reeves Agency appointed Mike Sinek an assistant account executive; Mike Togneri media buyer, print and broadcast accounts; Cheryl Rogers, junior buyer; and Rebecca Linton as a production artist for the Baltimore- based ad-marketing firm.
Legal and insurance
* Whiteford, Taylor & Preston, a Baltimore-based regional law firm, announced that Frank S. Jones Jr. has joined the firm as a partner and Martin T. Fletcher as an associate.
* Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf, Hendler & Sameth has admitted Walter R. Stone to the firm as a member.
* Provident Bank of Maryland appointed James R. Wallis to group manager, administration, executive vice president and chief financial officer.
* Mercantile Mortgage Corp. selected John M. Schwanky as senior vice president.
* Prudential Securities named Paisley D. Wessel as vice president, investments, for its Baltimore offices.
* Friedman & Fuller named Jennifer Sanderson and Kelly Nighland managers for the Rockville accounting firm.
* Support Solutions, a microcomputer network solutions company based in Baltimore, appointed Carolyn Wright senior projects manager.
Commercial real estate
* Miller Corporate Real Estate Services appointed Ernest L. Moyer vice president, industrial sales and leasing.
* Casey & Associates/ONCOR International announced that Henry S. Kornblatt has joined its downtown Baltimore brokerage operation.