1. H. R. Jenkins Inc. has begun pre-construction sales of the four neo-traditional homes the company will build on 15 one-third acre lots at Pine Meadows at Turf Valley in Ellicott City.
With a base price of $259,000 for 2,070 square feet of finished living space, the Brandywine is the smallest and least expensive home Jenkins has at Pine Meadows.
The first floor has a 15-by-13-foot living room, 10-by-12-foot dining room, 9-by-10-foot kitchen, 21-by-13-foot family room, powder room, foyer, coat closet and two-car garage.
Upstairs, the master suite has a walk-in closet, 16-by-12-foot bedroom and bath with dual vanities, linen closet, separate DTC shower and soaking tub. There are three other bedrooms, a linen closet and full hall bath.
The Deerfield III is the largest and most expensive home with 3,237 square feet and a starting price of $289,900.
A two-story foyer with twin coat closets is flanked by a 13-by-13-foot library on the right and a 12-by-14-foot living room on the left. Across the rear there is a 12-by-14-foot dining room, 13-by-13-foot kitchen with work island, and pantry, and a 21-by-14-foot family room.
A powder room, laundry room and two-car garage complete the first floor.
The home features his-and-her walk-in closets, a 21-by-19-foot bedroom and a bath with dual vanities, soaking tub, shower, linen closet and toilet with a door for privacy. There are three more bedrooms, a linen closet, plant shelf and hall bath.
Unfinished basements, General Electric appliances, ventilated shelving, gas heat and hot water and smoke detectors are standard features in all homes.
For a look at H. R. Jenkins' Carrington model, see the floor plan at left.
The sales center is open from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday through Wednesday. Take Route 40 west to a right on Boones Lane to sales office on the right.
* Builder: H. R. Jenkins Inc.
* Phone number: 750-3906.
* Developer: Land Design Development Inc.
* Base prices: $259,900 to $298,900.
* Style: Neo-traditional.
* Number of homes: 15.
* Lot sizes: one-third acre.
* Square-footage: 2,070 to 3,237.
* Options: Vaulted ceiling in master bedroom ($800), 3-window box bay ($2,200), porch rail, brick front ($7,000), skylight ($565), ceiling fan in family room, 12-by-16-foot deck ($2,200).
2. Pre-construction prices are being offered at Wynnewood, where NV Homes is building eight different Colonial homes on 81 one-acre and 1 1/2 -acre lots in the Anne Arundel County community of Davidsonville.
The Belmont, with a base price of $313,000 for 2,803 square feet of living space, is the smallest and least expensive home NV Homes is offering at Wynnewood.
Across the front there is a 12-by-15-foot living room, foyer with a coat closet and powder room, 9-by-9-foot study and two-car garage. A 15-by-11-foot dining room, large kitchen/breakfast area with a work island and pantry, 19-by-13-foot family room with a wood-burning fireplace and a laundry/mud room occupy the rear of this home.
The second-floor master suite has a 12-by-9-foot sitting room, 14-by-19-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and full bath with linen closet, dual vanities, soaking tub, shower and a toilet with its own door.
Three other bedrooms and a full hall bath with linen closet complete this level.
Decorator columns set off the 25-by-16-foot family room and the 14-by-19-foot dining room in the Yorktown, a 4,206-square-foot home with a starting price of $388,000. The first floor also has a 14-by-16-foot living room, 13-by-11-foot study, coat closet, powder room, kitchen with pantry and center work island, morning room, laundry room and a two-car garage.
A makeup area and vanity are separated from the rest of the master bath, which has a second vanity, privacy toilet, shower and soaking tub.
The master suite includes a walk-in closet, 12-by-15-foot sitting room and 16-by-17-foot bedroom. Each of the three other bedrooms comes with a private bath. There is also a linen closet.
* Builder: NV Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 798-0955.
* Developer: Lovell America.
* Base prices: $313,000 to $388,000.
* Style: Colonial.
* Number of homes: 81.
* Lot sizes: one to one and a half acres.
* Square-footage: 2,803 to 4,206.
* Options: Bay window ($2,500), brick front, Brinks security system ($1,950), cast iron kitchen sink ($650), Corian brand kitchen counter tops ($3,500 to $4,600), English basement design, gas fireplace in master bedroom ($1,500), morning room ($15,000), oak staircase and rails, side load garage ($2,900), skylight ($750), three-car garage ($9,900).