The following are recent filings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland, Baltimore City:
* Owings Restaurant Inc., 100 Painters Mill Road, Owings Mill, d/b/a Fiori Country Fare Inn, filed for Chapter 11 protection. Principal: Richard M. Pirone, president. Assets: under $50,000; liabilities: over $100,000
* Pocopico Inc., 2235 Edmondson Avenue, Baltimore, a restaurant, has filed under Chapter 11. Principal: Demitrios Boscas, president. Assets: $91,378; liabilities: $198,319.74
* R Lumber Centers, 645 Mayo Road, Edgewater, a retailer and distributor of lumber and construction materials, has filed under Chapter 11. Principal: Donald G. Ploss, president. Assets: $7,418,172.96; Liabilities $6,790,354
* P. S. Properties, 645 Mayo Road, Edgewater, a real estate holdings partnership, has filed for Chapter 11 protection. Principals: Donald G. Ploss and Sheryl K. Swidensky, general partners. Assets and liabilities: over $1,000,000 each.
* Ploss Family LLC, 520 Thompson Creek Road, Kent Island, a real estate holding company, filed under Chapter 11. Principal: Donald G. Ploss, member. Assets and liabilities: over $1,000,000 each.
The following are the most common types of filings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code:
CHAPTER 7 -- Liquidation.
CHAPTER 11 -- Reorganization.
CHAPTER 12 -- Agriculture, Family Farm with other income.
CHAPTER 13 -- Adjustment of debts of a business or individual with regular income.
a.k.a. (also known as), d/b/a (doing business as), t/a (trading as). n/a: not available. LLC: Limited Liability Co.; L/P: Limited Partnership. P/A: Professional Association. P/C: Professional Corporation.