Homeland at E. Village
1. Richmond American Homes has opened the third section at Homeland at East Village, where the firm is building 66 three-level townhomes with brick-front, wainscot and color-coordinated stucco exteriors in North Baltimore.
The Chelsea is a 1,845-square-foot home with a starting price of $148,990. The entry level has a one-car garage with automatic opener, powder room, laundry area, mechanical room and 19-by-15-foot family room with a walk-out to the yard. A 16-by-13-foot front kitchen, powder room, 12-by-9-foot dining room and 19-by-13-foot living room occupy the first floor. The second-floor master suite has a walk-in closet, 13-by-15-foot bedroom and bath with a soaking tub, separate shower and dual vanities. Two more bedrooms, a linen closet and a full hall bath complete this level.
The Dennison has bottom and top levels that are identical to the Chelsea and a base price of $150,990. A 19-by-12-foot kitchen, 12-by-12-foot dining room, powder room and 16-by-13-foot living room are on the first floor.
With 2,055 square feet and a beginning price of $154,990, the end unit Kendall is the largest and most expensive townhome at Homeland at East Village. The lower level has a 20-by-14-foot family room, powder room, mechanical room, single-car garage and covered entry. A master suite with a 17-by-12-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and bath with a soaking tub, separate shower and dual vanities shares the top floor with two other bedrooms, a full hall bath and a linen closet.
All homes have gas heat and hot water, smoke detectors and sprinkler system, an 18-by-12-foot deck and G. E. appliances. The $80 condo fee covers the swimming pool, lawn mowing, snow removal, security and trash removal.
The sales office is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
* Builder: Richmond American Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 433-2532.
* Developer: Loyola FSB.
* Base prices: $148,990.
* Style: Three-level townhome.
* Number of homes: 66.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 1,845 to 2,055.
* Options: Alarm system ($1,600), intercom ($1,300), hardwood foyer ($700), hardwood floor in kitchen-breakfast area ($1,150 to $1,350), hardwood floor in living and dining rooms ($2,600).
2. Waterford, a water-privileged community on Beard Creek in Riva where Berkshire Homes is building 68 two-story traditional homes, has opened its final section.
In addition to five different single-family houses, Berkshire is also selling two 8-acre estate lots with creek frontage for $250,000 each.
Waterford has a pond, 29-acre recreation area with nature trail and an 8-acre site with a pier on Beard Creek.
One of the models open for viewing is the Brandywine, a 2,885-square-foot home with a base price of $258,500. A two-story foyer with hardwood flooring is flanked by a 16-by-12-foot living room on the left and a 12-by-12-foot dining room on the right. The first floor also has an 18-by-18-foot kitchen/breakfast nook with a pantry and angled work counter, a 15-by-13-foot two-story family room with a wood-burning fireplace, powder and laundry rooms and a two-car garage.
Upstairs the master suite has an 8-by-7-foot sitting room, 16-by-12-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and bath with a soaking tub, separate shower and dual vanities. The second floor also houses a linen closet, full hall bath, three more bedrooms and a 23-by-9-foot storage area that can be converted to an optional fifth bedroom.
The smallest and least expensive home is the Wellesley, which ** has 2,259 square feet and a beginning price of $243,500.
A 14-by-12 foot living room, 12-by-11-foot dining room, 18-by-12-foot family room with fireplace, U-shaped kitchen, breakfast nook, two-story foyer, laundry and powder rooms and a double-car garage share the first floor.
A 12-by-11-foot first-floor library comes with the Cambridge, the largest and most expensive home with a beginning price of $274,500 for 3,131 square feet of living space.
* Builder: Berkshire Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 269-1803.
* Developer: Berkshire Corp.
* Base prices: $243,500 to $274,500.
* Style: Traditional.
* Number of homes: 68.
* Lot sizes: one-half acre.
* Options: Brick front ($6,500), side-entry garage ($3,500), walk-out basement ($4,700), fifth bedroom, skylights ($1,350 pair), finished basement, security system ($1,550).
Please send notices of new models, new construction or proposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate Section, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore 21278, or fax to 783-2517.