Around the house
* Make frozen iced-tea cubes -- rather than regular ice cubes -- when making iced tea. As the cubes melt, they won't dilute the beverage.
* Cut off tops of plastic liter bottles for disposable funnels.
* Remove stains from coffee cups. Rub a paste of salt and water on darkened areas, let sit an hour and wash.
In the garden
* Inspect exterior foundation for anthills. Pour 1 to 2 cups ammonia down the center of the nest. Place whole cloves of garlic around house entrances and inside cabinets to repel pests.
* Use a turkey baster to fill lawn mower's engine with oil. It's neater than using an oil can and funnel.