The following are recent filings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland, Baltimore City:
* Sunset Homes Inc., 2360 Eaglewood Drive, Mount Airy, a residential builder, has filed under Chapter 7. Principal: Troy J. Slifer, president. Assets: $77,924; liabilities: $342,006
* Scott Michael Steinberg, 3713 Trent Road, Randallstown, d/b/a Discount Satelite Connection Inc. filed for Chapter 7. Assets: $83,088; liabilities: $105,364.57
* Porter Service Inc, 51 Old Frederick Road, Arnold, d/b/a PSI Transportation and Transportation Services, filed for Chapter 11 protection. Principal: Shawna Porter, president. Assets: $60,000; liabilities: $71,144
* J. Thomas Guinta, 193 Duke of Gloucester St., Annapolis, an individual operating a legal practice, filed for Chapter 7. Assets: $6,275; liabilities: $418,825
* Carl's African-American Cuisine Inc., a.k.a Carl's Chicken Supreme, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Carl Thompson Jr., president. Assets and liabilities under $50,000 each.
* Baltimore Sealing Co., 1826 Pot Spring Road, Timonium, a road joint cutter and sealer, filed under Chapter 11. Principal: W. Charles Bauman, president. Assets: $370,799; liabilities: $161,829
The following are the most common types of filings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code:
CHAPTER 7 -- Liquidation.
CHAPTER 11 -- Reorganization.
CHAPTER 12 -- Agriculture, Family Farm with other income.
CHAPTER 13 -- Adjustment of debts of an individual with regular income.
a.k.a. (also known as), d/b/a (doing business as), t/a (trading as).
n/a: not available. LLC: Limited Liability Co.; L/P: Limited Partnership. P/A: Professional Association. P/C: Professional Corporation.