* McCormick & Co. appointed Kevin W. Keller as manager, corporate quality assurance, Asia/Pacific zone; Joseph M. Deehan, as director of activity-based costing and Emma M. Consoli to internal auditor.
* Intersolv, a provider of client/server development solutions, named Michael J. Duffy vice president, North American operations.
* Computer Aid Inc. appointed Simon Tutt project manager for the Baltimore information systems consulting firm.
* Cornerstone, the Baltimore-based ad agency, added Michelle Swanston to the staff as an art director.
* Imprint named Nancy Millard Gill sales associate for the Ellicott City ad specialty company.
* Goldberg, Hodes, Strouse Communications, of Towson, named Caryn Sagal account executive.
Legal and insurance
* Smith, Somerville & Case admitted Walter R. Calvert, James Bremmer and Jeffrey P. McCormack as members of the law firm.
* Hogan & Hartson, the national law firm with offices in Baltimore and Washington, said Amy Bowerman, formerly a deputy chief counsel with the Securities and Exchange Commission, joined its corporate and securities group.
* Department of Veterans Affairs named Dennis H. Smith director, Baltimore VA Medical Center.
* The Cardinal Shehan Center/Stella Maris selected Beth Ensz as assistant director, hospice home care program.
* Charlestown Retirement Community named Dr. Matthew J. Narrett medical director, Edward R. Lawrence, home health administrator and Sheryl M. Parrish director of resident services.