* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- An off-duty Department of Corrections officer was walking down the hallway of the Townhouse Motel in the 5800 block of Reisterstown Road Monday looking for a friend when two men, one with a handgun, robbed him of his 9-mm service handgun with serial number A336444. During the robbery, the gunman's accomplice told him to shoot the officer.
* THEFT: Northwestern District -- Someone stole a pair of 10-karat gold earrings and a lap-top computer from an apartment in the 3500 block of Fairview Ave. yesterday.
* THEFT FROM AUTO: Northwestern District -- All four wheel rims of a 1989 Ford Taurus were stolen over the weekend while it was parked in the 4200 block of Elderon Ave.
* BURGLARY TRY: Western District -- Police were seeking the driver of a green mini-van who tried to break into Scott's tires in the 2100 block of Edmondson Ave. yesterday by prying off a lock. A witness told police he saw the man park the mini-van, with tags 55697M, retrieve a tool from the back of the vehicle and try to enter the business
* ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- Police arrested a man who robbed a resident of the 3200 block of Ramona Ave. of a 13-inch TV valued at more than $100 after entering her home yesterday and threatening to kill her.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Police were seeking a man known as "Craig" who entered a house in the 3300 block of Cliftmont Ave. yesterday through a basement door and stole a VCR valued at $380.
* THEFT/ARRESTS: North Point Precinct -- An employee of Ames department store in the 8400 block of Eastern Blvd. and her male friend were arrested yesterday after security personnel spotted the man passing through the check-out counter with items valued at more than the woman rang up on her cash register. Recovered were clothing and cleaning products, all valued at nearly $800. The woman, a resident of the 2000 block of McElderry St., and the man, a resident of the 200 block of Chestnut St. in Turners Station, were being held pending charges.
* ROBBERY: White Marsh Precinct -- A gunman robbed the Shell station in the 6300 block of Kenwood Ave. of more than $200 yesterday.
* THEFT: White Marsh Precinct -- Someone entered a trailer parked in the 4200 block of Cottington Road yesterday and stole two Honda Waverunner motorcycles.
* BURGLARY: Essex Precinct -- Nearly $1,300 was stolen from the bedroom of a house in the 1100 block of Punjab Drive yesterday.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $2,000 may be paid for information.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.