* Allstate Leasing, headquartered in Owings Mills, appointed Thomas B. Howard Jr. president of its newly formed equipment leasing division.
* Columbus Center, the marine biotechnology research and education facility at the Inner Harbor, named Dr. Carol Bossert vice president of programs, Karen Marinelli director, and David Miller chief of design of the Hall of Exploration.
* Smelkinson Sysco Food Services appointed Larry G. Pulliam executive vice president for the Jessup-based Sysco Corp. subsidiary. He was formerly the operations vice president for Sysco Food Services of Los Angeles.
* Forensic Technologies International Corp. appointed Jennifer Keats Curtis technical editor and Lisa DeLucia assistant technical editor for the Annapolis litigation consultants.
* WQSR, FM 105.7, announced that Adam Marks has joined the Towson-based station, which has an Oldies format, as an account executive.
* Gray Kirk/VanSant appointed Beth Guthrie senior vice president, director of client services, Helen Szablya, vice president, director of public relations services and Susan Gossling as public relations account supervisor.
* W. B. Doner & Co. announced the selection of Bruce Broder and John Parlato as executive vice presidents and executive creative directors.
Legal and insurance
* Morrow & Hassani announced that Jerry D. Focas has become a shareholder in the Towson law firm.
* Insurance Service Group appointed Francis S. Carnes III an account executive.
* Wooden & Benson, a regional accounting and management consulting firm headquartered in Towson, named Robert J. Adkins a senior accountant.
* Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Maryland named Michael D. Golden director of media relations.
* Tri-Home Health Care and Services appointed Geoffrey Hankins director of finance.
* Doctors Health System announced the appointments of Paul A. Serini as executive vice president and director of legal services, and Beth A Beale to director of medical management.
* JSA Healthcare Corp. of Columbia named Gregory N. West director of accounting.
Commercial real estate
* Prime Retail announced the appointments of Robert P. Mulreaney as executive vice president and chief financial officer and Anya T. Harris as vice president and director of public relations.
* MacKenzie/O'Conor, Piper & Flynn added Daniel A. Hudak to its staff as a leasing/sales specialist.