The following are recent filings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland, Baltimore City:
* Yefim & Yevgenia Teplitsky, 9 Suntop Court, Baltimore, self-employed taxicab operator, jointly filed under Chapter 7. Assets: $66,140; liabilities: $102,350
* Maple Hill Farms Inc., 12074 Glen Arm Road, Glen Arm, an orchard and cider operation, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Louis C. Hoffman III. Assets: over $100,000; liabilities: over $50,000
* Delrose Estina Clarke, an individual, providing child care, t/a Ready, Set, Go, 3821 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, filed under Chapter 13 for debt adjustment. Assets: $92,720; liabilities: $52,000
* Promar Group Inc., d/b/a Car Pros, 20 S. Charles St., Suite 750, Baltimore,direct-mail advertisers, has filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Barbara Patz, president. Assets: $32.39; liabilities: $71,277.19
* William Milford Whyte Jr., plumber, 2526 Old Robin Hood Road, Havre de Grace, filed under Chapter 7. Assets: under $50,000; liabilities: over $50,000
* General Commercial Cleaning Service Inc., 10 Wise Pursuit Way, Sykesville, a.k.a GCCS Inc.,filed for Chapter 7. Assets: $17,607.67; liabilities: $140,510.94
* Roberto J. & Dora G. Hinojosa, operators of VIP Cleaning Services, 5011 Hilltop Acres Road, Perry Hall, filed for Chapter 7. Assets: $131,455; liabilities: $258,633.14
* The Salisbury Seafood Shanty, a restaurant, 835 E. Main St., Salisbury, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Anna Marie Klempner, president. Assets: $195,000; liabilities: $130,466.61
The following are the most common types of filings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code:
CHAPTER 7 -- Liquidation.
CHAPTER 11 -- Reorganization.
CHAPTER 12 -- Agriculture, Family Farm with other income.
CHAPTER 13 -- Adjustment of debts of a business or individual with regular income.
a.k.a. (also known as), d/b/a (doing business as), t/a (trading as).
n/a: not available. LLC: Limited Liability Co.; L/P: Limited Partnership. P/A: Professional Association. P/C: Professional Corporation.