1. Gemcraft Homes Inc. has opened the final section at Bynum Overlook in Abingdon, where the firm is offering eight different Colonial homes on one-fifth to one-quarter acre lots.
With 1,500 square feet of living space and a base price of $142,900, the Highlander is the smallest and least expensive home Gemcraft is building in this Harford County community.
The first floor has a one-car garage, large country kitchen with pantry, 11-by-11-foot dining room, 16-by-11-foot living room, powder room and a foyer with a coat closet.
On the second floor, the master suite has a 16-by-11-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and full bath. There are two more bedrooms and a full hall bath.
A 15-by-13-foot living room, powder room, foyer and two-car garage occupy the front of the Danielle, a 2,110-square-foot Colonial with a starting price of $161,900. Across the rear there is a 10-by-12-foot dining room, 9-by-12-foot kitchen, 8-by-10-foot breakfast room and a 13-by-18-foot family room.
Upstairs, the master suite has a walk-in closet, 11-by-18-foot bedroom and bath with a soaking tub, dual vanities and separate shower. Three more bedrooms, a linen closet and a full hall bath complete this level.
The Linden has a beginning price of $169,900 for 2,103 square feet of finished living space. A parlor and dining room, both 11 by 12 feet, flank the foyer. The first level also houses a 14-by-18-foot family room, 10-by-14-foot breakfast area, 9-by-11-foot kitchen and two car garage.
A soaking tub, separate shower, walk-in closet and 13-by-15 foot bedroom are in the second-floor master suite. This level also has three bedrooms, a linen closet and a full hall bath.
All homes have full basements, double-pane tilt windows, ventilated closet shelving and six-panel interior doors.
The sales center is open noon to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Take I-95 north to Exit 77B (Route 24), to a right at Emmorton Road, a right on Abingdon Road to a left on Hookers Mill Road, and follow signs to a left on Bynum Overlook Drive. The model is the third house on the left.
* Builder: Gemcraft Homes Inc.
* Phone number: (410) 515-9880.
* Developer: H. M. Land Limited Partnership.
* Base prices: $142,000 to $173,900.
* Style: Colonial.
* Number of homes: 74.
* Lot sizes: One-fifth to one-quarter acre.
* Square-footage: 1,500 to 2,329.
* Options: Bay window ($2,100), wood-burning fireplace ($3,300), foot deck ($1,600), brick front ($2,500 to $3,500), whirlpool tub ($1,500).
2. Ryland Homes has opened models of two three-level townhomes at Castle Stone at White Marsh, where the firm will build 149 houses with gas heat.
The Avalon starts at $110,990 for 1,225 square feet of finished space.
With a base price of $112,490, the Brentwood is identical to the Avalon except on the first floor, which has a 19-by-12-foot kitchen across the rear. At the front there is a foyer, coat closet and 15-by-15-foot living room.
The sales office is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Take I-95 or I-695 to Route 43 to White Marsh. Turn toward mall on Perry Hall Boulevard and go eight-tenths of a mile to a left on Bucks Schoolhouse Road, left on King Avenue, left on Franklin Square Drive, left on Kelmscot Road.
* Builder: Ryland Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 931-3788.
* Developer: Nottingham Properties.
* Base prices: $110,990 to $114,490.
* Style: Three-level townhomes.
* Number of homes: 149.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 1,225.
* Options: Fireplace ($3,500), 10-by-13-foot sun room and extended family room on lower level ($9,700), master bath ($1,800), superbath with soaking tub, separate shower and dual vanities ($3,500), cathedral ceiling in bedrooms ($1,500), basement powder room ($1,500), 11-by-10-foot exercise room in basement ($1,200), bay window ($1,400), kitchen work island in Brentwood ($550), sliding door on Brentwood ($1,300), bay window on Brentwood ($1,400).