* Uniforce Services of Maryland, a temporary staffing agency, named Wanda Smith vice president, sales and marketing.
* Orkand Corp. appointed Nancy Scheer-Nelson vice president of the Silver Spring-based technology and management consulting firm.
* ExecutStay announced that Lisa Abdou joined the staff as an account executive.
* FSG Leasing, an equipment financing company, chose James J. McKay as Mid-Atlantic regional manager.
* Roland Park Place named Gregory J. Lannon executive director.
* Adams Sandler appointed H. Hamilton Hackney vice president of account service, Kirby Kaufman vice president, creative operations manager; Deanna Butta, an assistant account executive; Bob Hynson as senior art director; Amy Schatzow, traffic manager; and Holly Johnson media planner/buyer.
Legal and insurance
* McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe announced that Michael H. Levin, Sharon K. Tucker and Neal J. Cabral have joined the firm.
* First United Corp., of Oakland, appointed Frederick A. Thayer IV as first vice president and regional executive officer.
* First National Bank of Maryland named June R. Hornick a vice president in middle market lending and Clyde L. Randall and Allen J. Ashcroft, Jr. as vice presidents in its trust group.
* Ferris, Baker Watts selected Trina Kile Goldsmith as a vice president.
* Support Solutions appointed Curtis Russell senior accounting support specialist, Baltimore-Washington area.
* Marks, Thomas & Associates, architects, named Denise Watkins and R.
Win Boyer junior associates.
* Chiro-Serve, based in Annapolis, announced that James R. Lucas was chosen chief operating officer.
* Doctor's Health System named Allan C. Sanders chief financial officer.