Clowns, face painters, a puppeteer, a petting zoo and a jazz band will entertain visitors to the grand opening of the sales center for the Villages of Ocean Pines from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Ocean Pines is a 27-year-old waterfront community three miles west of Ocean City, across Isle of Wight Bay. The Worcester County development is 145 miles from Baltimore.
This will be the first opportunity for visitors to see the proposed architectural guidelines for each of the seven villages developed by Balfour Holdings Inc.
The custom-home village of the Sanctuary section of Ocean Pines offers 65 lots of up to three acres. Prices for waterfront home sites on Manklin Creek will start at $88,000.
Marina Village in Mumford's Landing will feature Cape May-style townhouses in bright pastels. Being built by Keystone Homes of Bel Air, they will have three bedrooms, two full and one half-bath and a one-car garage. Prices will start in the low $100,000s. Innerlinks Village, built by Gulfstream Development Corp., will have Eastern Shore farmhouses. Prices will range from $114,900 to $123,900.
Other villages include Manklin Greens, a golf and tennis village; the Point, a gated Victorian estate village; Mumford's Landing, an 18th-century Colonial village with picket fences; a senior living village; and the South Gate retail and office building.
To visit Ocean Pines take I-695 to I-97 east, U.S. 50 east to Route 90 east, Route 589 south to the south gate of Ocean Pines.
* Builder: Gulfstream Development Corp., Keystone Homes, Beach Construction.
* Phone number: (800) 970-PINE.
* Developer: Balfour Holdings Inc.
* Base prices: Vary with village and home selected.
* Style: Townhouses, farmhouses, custom homes, condominiums, retirement units.
* Number of homes: 1,300.
* Lot sizes: Up to 3 acres.
1. Trafalgar House Residential Maryland has opened models of the four three-level townhouses the firm is building at Arborside at Long Reach, a community of 95 homes in Columbia.
The Radford and Sutton models have 1,520 square feet of finished living space, unfinished in-ground basements and a base price of $148,990.
The more traditional Radford has a 14-by-10-foot kitchen and an 11-by-14-foot breakfast nook across the back.
In the Stanton and Upton models, the first level houses a 20-by-13-foot garage, entry foyer, coat closet and staircase.
Base price for the Stanton is $153,990 while the Upton starts at $150,990.
The sales office is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Take I-95
south to Route 175 west, right on Snowden River Parkway to a left on Deep Earth Lane.
* Builder: Trafalgar House Residential Maryland.
* Phone number: (410) 290-1220.
* Developer: Howard Research and Development Corp.
* Base prices: $148,990 to $153,990.
* Style: Three-level townhouse, three-level garage townhouse.
* Number of homes: 95.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 1,440 to 1,520.
* Options: For Sutton and Radford Models: 10-by-14-foot pressure-treated deck ($2,230), first-floor French door ($550), Elevation 3 with brick front ($2,900), Elevation 2 with box bay window ($2,280), 25-by-19-foot basement recreation room ($$5,740), powder room ($2,480), gas fireplace ($3,100), wood-burning family room fireplace with slate surrounds, brass trim and glass doors ($4,600), hardwood floor in dining room ($1,390).
Please send notices of new models, new construction or proposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate Section, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore 21278, or fax the information to 783-2517.