The following are recent filings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland, Baltimore City:
* Festival Management Inc., 601 S. Montford Ave., Baltimore, has filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Diane Marinos, president. Assets: None; Liabilities: $56,848.36
* Robert Kelly, 561 Belmawr Place, Millersville, d/b/a R & C Kelly Services, a towing operation, filed for Chapter 7. Assets: $94,625; Liabilities: $166,267.04
* Joint Venture Custom Homes Inc., 65 Old Solomons Island Road, Annapolis, general contractors, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Donald L. Mattia, president. Assets: $3,225.98; Liabilities: $500,068.65
* Donald Howard, landscaper, 7065 B & A Blvd., Glen Burnie, filed for Chapter 7. Assets: $4,950; Liabilities: $37,367.98
* Darleen M. Sichettes, a k a Darleen M. Biscotti, real estate independent contractor, filed for Chapter 7. Assets: $2,718; Liabilities: $11,603
* Michael T. Rankin, t/a Cabinet Works, 65 Ocean Parkway, Berlin, retail/wholesale kitchen and bathroom fittings, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Michael T. Rankin. Assets: $1,810; Liabilities: $95,553
* Second Income Inc., game room operator, a k a Creative Promotions, 6400A Frederick Road, Catonsville, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: David Silverman, president. Assets: $1,000; Liabilities: $101,829.56
The following are the most common types of filings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code:
CHAPTER 7 -- Liquidation.
CHAPTER 11 -- Reorganization.
CHAPTER 12 -- Agriculture, Family Farm with other income.
CHAPTER 13 -- Adjustment of debts of an individual with regular income.
a k a (also known as), d/b/a (doing business as), t/a (trading as).
n/a: not available. LLC: Limited Liability Co.; L/P: Limited Partnership. P/A: Professional Association. P/C: Professional Corporation.