Westminster High School recently announced awards and scholarships given to graduating seniors.
The students honored are:
* Army Reserve National Scholar/Athlete Awards: Nate Shank and Sandra Geiman.
* John and Elsie Bankert Academic Achievement Scholarship: Christina A. King.
* Carroll County Arts Council Awards: Visual Arts, Amanda Zeman; Ann Miller Scholarship, Meredith Killmon.
* Carroll County Association of Realtors Scholarship: Lorrie Lynn Harris.
* Carroll County Education Association Scholarships: Nicole Santana and Lauren Kadlubowski.
* Carroll County General Hospital Scholarship: Angela Weaver.
* Carroll Players Scholarship: Kelly Kreamer.
* Century III Sylvan Learning Center and National Association of Secondary School Principals Award: Christine Mace.
* Charles Carroll Recreation Council Scholarships: Julie Bird and Matthew Study.
* Class of 1930 Scholarship: Rebecca Reigert.
* Class of 1990 Scholarship: Nicole Santana.
* Cranberry Scholarships: Kalea Keller and Ginger Hull.
* Houston G. Curd Memorial Scholarship Award: Nicole M. Santana.
* Faculty Scholarship: Christina A. King.
* Colonel Sherman Flanagan Jr. Memorial Scholarships: Kristy L. Owings and Christopher M. Geiman.
* Former Students of Robert Moton School Scholarship: Shalisse R. Magruder.
* Margaret R. Fritz Scholarship: Roseanna M. Schwing.
* Governor's Merit Scholarship Award: Sarah Chenoweth, Scott Maas, Nicole Santana, Christina Mace, Timothy Dutterer, Sandra Geiman, Christopher Geiman, Angela James, Brian Dean, William Coyle, Constance Boyce, Erika Wunderlich, Carla Snook, Michael Haslam, Kelly Kreamer, Joy Fourhman, Christina King, Alyson Young, Ryan Bouma, Sarah Witiak, Karen Bussard, David Robbins, Lauren Kadlubowski.
* Maryland Municipal League Scholarship: Joy Fourhman.
* Maryland State Troopers Scholarship: Jennifer Kehs.
* McDonald's Ray Kroc Youth Achievement Scholarship: Kristy Owings.
* Perfect attendance certificates: Cara Beyer, Austin Biggus, Julie Bird, Laurie Cole, Robin Cousins, Aaron Crawford, Heather Diehl, William Gardner, Amy Gesell, Michael Goodwin, Elisa LaPrade, Scott Maas, Kenneth Markline, Andrew Marsiglia, Karl McEvoy, H. Robert Mock III, Kristy Owings, Douglas Reese, Susanna Sabol, David Sinclair, Bridget Weishaar, Sarah Witiak, Erika Wunderlich, Alyson Young.
* Presidential Academic Fitness Awards: Christopher Arnold, Julie Bird, Anne Bonner, Ryan Bouma, Constance Boyce, Karen Bussard, Sarah Chenoweth, Sarah Clark, William Coyle, Brian Dean, Heather Devilbiss, Timithy Dutterer, Sandra Geiman, Julie Gilden, Heather Gonzales, Michael Haslam, Kristen Hoffmyer, Angela James, Lauren Kadlubowski, Christine King, Kelly Kreamer, Scott Maas, Christine Mace, Karl McEvoy, Thomas Mowbray, Kristy Owings, Kamal Patel, David Robbins, Nicole Santana, Carla Snook, Emily Snow, Melissa Warner, Sarah Witiak, Erica Wunderlich.
* Procter & Gamble Scholarship: Lauren Kadlubowski.
* ROTC Scholarship: Christopher Arnold.
* Senatorial Scholarships: Carol J. Brothers, William Coyle, Michael Fuhr, Kristen Karr, Nicole Santana and Angela Weaver.
* Silver Run/Union Mills Lions Club George I. Bemiller Scholarships: Erika S. Wunderlich and Timothy A. Dutterer.
* Tandy Technology Scholars: Constance Boyd, Sarah Chenoweth, William Coyle, Brian Dean, Tim Dutterer, Christopher Geiman, Sandra Geiman, Mike Haslam, Angela James, Scott Maas, Christine Mace, Nicole Santana and Erika Wunderlich.
* Students in the top 10 percent of the class: Heather Devilbiss, Kristy Matthai, Sarah Clark, Angela Weaver, William Gardner, Ginger Hull, Robert Mock, Lizandra Pontes, Kristen Hoffmeyer, Melissa Boyle, Jason Hartle, Cheri Amoss, Heather Gonzales, Heather Wilson, Christopher Arnold, Anne Bonner, Jennifer Markle, Melissa Warner, Cara Beyer, Kamal Patel, Alyson Buckingham, Julie Gilden, Julie Bird, Thomas Mowbray, Marco Giertz, Karl McEvoy.
* Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship Nominees: Christopher Geiman and Sandra Geiman.
* Westminster Lions Club Scholarships: Melanie E. Soper, Kristopher S. Parker and Christopher M. Geiman.
* Air Force Academy Certificate of Achievement: Benjamin Heslin.
* American Legion Awards: Carla J. Snook, Lauren Kadlubowski, Michael F. Haslam and Andrew C. Marsiglia II.
* Bausch and Lomb Science Award: Rebecca Dulaney.
* Ingrid Bernhard Award: Jed Matthew Harris.
* Bronze Key Medal: Hiral Shah.
* Bronze Key Certificates: Kelly Kreamer, Joy Fourhman, Alyson Young, Sarah Dyky, Derick Brightful, Heather Devilbiss, Tim Dutterer, Jennifer Bailey, Rebeccah Payne and Ashli Stroud.
* Carroll County Coaches Association Awards: Beth Lister and Chris Geiman.
* Mark Ewell Causey Memorial Award: Sandra K. Geiman.
* Central Maryland Conference Academic All Conference Awards: Scott Maas, Christine Mace, Sandra Geiman, Christopher Geiman, Michael Haslam, Alyson Young, Lauren Kadlubowski, Kristy Matthai, Sarah Clark, William Gardner, Kristen Hoffmeyer, Christopher Arnold, Melissa Warner, Kamal Patel, Mark Ruby, Kristy Owings, Timothy Herb and Andrew Marsiglia.
L * Danforth Awards: Kelly J. Kreamer and Timothy A. Dutterer.
* Gamber-Smallwood Optimist Award: Paul Binetti.
* Naval Academy Award: Michael Haslam.
* News Channel 2's Best and Brightest: Sandra Geiman.
* Sandy Nininger Award: Walter C. Knight.
* Reifsnider Foreign Language Awards: Constance Boyce, Christopher Geiman, Angela James and Erika Wunderlich.
* Roaring Run Lions Club Awards: Carol J. Brothers and Angela M. Weaver.
* Rotary Awards: Sandra K. Geiman and Mark C. Ruby.
* Rotary Club Herb Sell Music Award: Christopher Geiman.
* Babe Ruth Award: Steve Shipley, David Sinclair.
* Semper Fidelis Award for Music: Ryan Bouma.
* Semper Fidelis Distinguished Athlete Award: Mark Ruby.
* Villa Julie College Honors: Jackie Stahler and Kristopher Parker.
* Westminster City Police Award: Charles D. Hayes.
* Westminster Soccer Association Awards: Ryan Bouma and Kristy Owings.
* Departmental awards: Christina King, social studies; Timothy Dutterer and Christina King, modern and classical languages; Jessica Naylor, Kristi Niehaus, Emily Snow, Amanda Neilson, Lorrie Harris, Anne Boner, Cara Beyer and Cheri Amoss, Quill and Scroll Journalism Award for yearbook; Christopher Avore, Lauren Kadlubowski, Andrea Kirby and Elizabeth Murphy, newspaper; April Crafton, language arts/English; Carla Snook and Mike Eaton English Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement; Wayne Somers, Susan Bates, Jen Brothers, Jason Brunner, Mike Denham, Kelly Kreamer, Abraham Samuels and Monica Wiedel, drama; Melissa Boyle, science.
Also, Veronica Esteves, Melanie Soper and Laurel Filipczak, family and consumer sciences; John Stolarski, Robert Mock and Dan Martin, technology education; William Coyle, math; Lisa hTC Matzke and Jennifer Weisgerber, business and marketing (business clerical); Nate Shank, business professional; Wendy Johnson, guidance; Roxanne Sabo, art; Amanda Zeman, National Art Honor Society scholarship; Tim Hicks, Maryland's Tomorrow; Anne Bonner, Jen Brothers, Robin Cousins and Bryan Beninghove, instrumental music; Ginger Hull, Ashli Stroud, Ben Heslin, Kati Townsley and Christopher Geiman, vocal music.
* These students had 4.0 grade point averages for their four years of high school: Sarah A. Chenoweth, Timothy A. Dutterer, Sandra K. Geiman, Scott P. Maas, Christine C. Mace and Nicole M. Santana.