The following are recent filings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland, Baltimore City:
* Roebuck Catalog Services, 4987 Mercantile Drive, Baltimore, marketer and producer of printed materials, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Charles M. Roebuck Jr., chairman. Assets: $1,284.39; liabilities: $38,312.40
* Complements Fine Jewelry Ltd., 545 Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd., Severna Park, jewelry sales and repair, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Lynnette Dayhoff, president. Assets: not disclosed; liabilities: over $240,000
* S&S; Fire Protection Inc., 7710 Grace Ave., Pasadena, an installer of fire protection sprinkler systems, filed for Chapter 7. Principal: Grant Smith, president. Assets: under $2,510; liabilities: $174,219
* GTGG Inc., 8475 Ocean Gateway, Easton, t/a Kentucky Fried Chicken, filed for Chapter 11. Principal: Gregory E. Thornton, president. Assets: $378,001; liabilities: $624,213.76
* Mount Airy Associates, 2801 Old Court Road, Pikesville, operators of the New Market Crossing Shopping Center in Mount Airy, N.C., filed for Chapter 11. Principal: Gil Stern, managing member and general partner. Assets and liabilities were not disclosed.
* Nassner's Video Mania, 10017 Harford Road, Cub Hill, filed under Chapter 11. Principal: George K. Nassner, president. Assets: $20,000; liabilities: $65,000
The following are the most common types of filings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code:
CHAPTER 7 -- Liquidation.
CHAPTER 11 -- Reorganization.
CHAPTER 12 -- Agriculture, Family Farm with other income.
CHAPTER 13 -- Adjustment of debts of an individual with regular income.
* a.k.a. (also known as), d/b/a (doing business as), t/a (trading as).
n/a: not available. LLC: Limited Liability Co.; L/P: Limited Partnership; P/A: Professional Association; P/C: Professional Corporation.