A man armed with a handgun robbed the Dunkin' Donuts in the 8400 block of Baltimore National Pike at 8:40 p.m. Friday, Howard County police said.
No one was injured in the robbery, which began when the man entered the doughnut shop and walked to the rear restroom area. He then returned to the counter, displayed a handgun and demanded cash.
After the cashier gave the man an undetermined amount of cash, the robber fled. The man is described as a 5-foot-8-inch black male with a thin build and a short beard. He was wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans.
* Ellicott City: 4200 block of College Ave.: Someone forced open the rear door of a house between noon and 4 p.m. Saturday and stole cash, a stereo, a television, a videocassette recorder, a microwave oven and a vacuum cleaner, police said.
* Ellicott City: 8400 block of Baltimore National Pike: Police arrested a 27-year-old man accused of trying to break into a business about 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
* Ellicott City: 4800 block of Montgomery Road: A man broke into Kelly's Liquors and pried open the safe Saturday about 1:30 a.m., stealing cash, police said. An officer responding to the store's alarm saw the man in a rear storage area. The man fled into woods behind the store.
* Ellicott City: 9100 block of Rumsey Road: The ignition and steering column of a 1993 Ford truck were destroyed between 4:30 p.m. Friday and 3 p.m. Saturday in an attempted theft, police said.
* Ellicott City: 8000 block of Brightfield Road: The ignition was pulled out of a 1990 Honda Civic Thursday night or early Friday morning in an attempted car theft, police said.
* Elkridge: 6300 block of Green Field Road: Someone tampered with the ignition of a 1994 Geo between 8 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday, police said.