* ESCAPE: Northwestern District -- A man who was handcuffed and wearing leg irons escaped from police custody early today and was last seen on Hayward Avenue headed toward Park Heights Ave. It was not immediately known if the prisoner escaped from the police station or from a police vehicle. The man was wearing dark pants and a white T-shirt.
* CARJACKING: Northern District -- Two men, one with a handgun, forced a motorist out of his 1994 Chevrolet with tags BPR 382 in the 2400 block of Shirley Ave. early today and drove off. The car was recovered several hours later in southwestern Baltimore. No arrests had been made.
* BURGLARY/ARREST: Southeastern District -- Police arrested a man who entered the cabin of a boat docked at the end of the 2000 block of Aliceanna St. yesterday. The boat's owner later discovered the intruder asleep in the cabin.
* ROBBERY: Southeastern District -- An employee of the Dollar Store in the 5600 block of O'Donnell St. was working in the store yesterday when a gunman robbed him of $800, a flip phone and a pager. The gunman escaped in a 1987-1988 Cadillac.
* STOLEN CAR: Southeastern District -- A 1984 Plymouth with tags ZVS 753 was stolen yesterday from the 5500 block of O'Donnell St.
* BURGLARY: Eastern District -- Someone entered a house in the 900 block of N. Belnord Ave. yesterday and stole stereo equipment valued at $700.
* RAPE: White Marsh Precinct -- A 21-year-old woman told police that shortly after arriving at the El-Rich motel in the 8200 block of Pulaski Highway Saturday afternoon to perform a strip-o-gram for a man, she was forced onto the bed and raped. The woman also reported that the man robbed her of jewelry and other property, all valued at $1,300, and that he stole her 1995 Chevrolet pickup truck with tags 96B787. A suspect was being sought.
* THEFT: Abingdon -- A Burtonsville man's boat trailer, valued at $600, was stolen over the weekend from a public parking lot at the Broad Creek Marina Landing.
* FIREWORKS SEIZED: Jarrettsville -- During a traffic stop at U.S Route 1 and Harford Road Saturday, a 22-year-old Jarrettsville man was charged with illegal possession of fireworks. When Trooper Marty Gahler requested the man's registration, he noticed a large quantity of fireworks when the motorist opened the glove compartment. Charges against the man were pending.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore and Harford counties, reported by Richard Irwin.