A throwing error in the bottom of the ninth scored Alli Adams with the winning run, as No. 2 Severna Park (11-1) edged No. 15 North County, 3-2, yesterday in softball.
With one out, Adams singled to center field. Laura Snyder moved her over to third with a bunt. Kim Davis hit a ground ball back to Jamie Yewell, who threw too low to first, allowing Adams to score.
Christy Huber got the win for Severna Park, striking out 13 and walking five. Kristin Carpenter went 2-for-3 for the Falcons. T.C. Horney and Tracy Mrazeck each went 2-for-4 for North County.
* Arundel 8, Broadneck 0: Kara Kitchen threw a one-hitter with 10 strikeouts, as visiting and No. 7 Arundel (9-1) shut out Broadneck.
* Glenelg 21, Wilde Lake 6: Pam Goldberg went 4-for-4, scored four runs and had three RBIs, as No. 8 Glenelg (12-2) beat host Wilde Lake. Kim Brown had four RBIs for the Gladiators.
* Atholton 15, Oakland Mills 2: Shannon Eierman hit a three-run home run and a bases-empty home run to lead No. 9 Atholton (12-2) over host Oakland Mills (3-9). Kim Ruprecht (11-2) struck -- out 16 to pick up the win, and Stephanie Van Deusen hit a home run for the Raiders.
* Frederick 2, North Carroll 1: Jessica Geouge's sacrifice fly in the sixth inning scored Courtney May, lifting visiting Frederick (7-6) past No. 10 North Caroll (9-4). Kelly Maria struck out 12 batters and allowed five hits to pick up the win. Candi Lippy allowed four hits and struck eight batters for North Carroll.
* John Carroll 17, Aberdeen 2: Lisa Chrismer was 2-for-4 with five RBIs, as host and No. 12 John Carroll (13-2) defeated Aberdeen. April Lynch struck out 13 and pitched a complete game for the Patriots.
* Mount Hebron 13, Howard 1: Sara Eberhart went 4-for-4 with four RBIs, including a double and home run, lifting No. 14 Mount Hebron (7-5) past Howard. Heather Cole went 3-for-3 and scored four runs for the Vikings.
* Southern-BC 7, Patterson 5: Tracy Schlichting was 3-for-4 with two steals and scored three runs and Kristi Triplett (3-0) went six innings for the win, as host Southern-Baltimore (8-4) defeated Patterson (7-3).
* Western 29, Edmondson 0: Angeleta Evans pitched a no-hitter, striking out six and walking one to help the Doves (13-2) defeat visiting Edmondson.
* Mercy 17, Seton Keough 8: Briget Taber pitched a complete game and Meg Kline had a triple and a double to lead Mercy's 13-hit attack.
* Calvert Hall 5, Curley 3: Kevin Olkowski scored a run and had two RBIs, as top-ranked Calvert Hall (22-2) held off Curley. Bill Staub pitched a complete game with eight strikeouts for the Cardinals.
* McDonogh 6, Spalding 3: Dennis Badham went 2-for-3 with two RBIs, a double and home run, as No. 2 McDonogh (14-2) defeated host Spalding. The Eagles trailed 3-2 in the sixth inning, before RBIs by Guy Robertson and Mike Dumbansky put them in front to stay.
* Mount St. Joseph 3, Gibbons 1: Michael Couser and Brandon Mahoney each hit doubles to lead No. 6 Mount St. Joseph (17-3) over host Gibbons. Ryan Baker pitched a complete game for the Gaels.
* Franklin 6, Lansdowne 5: Dominic Liberto scored the winning run in the bottom of the seventh to cap a three-run rally, as No. 7 Franklin (11-1) defeated visiting Lansdowne. Liberto went 2-for-4 with three RBIs for the Indians, who trailed 5-0 at one point.
* South Carroll 11, Linganore 1: Tim Jackman went 3-for-3 with four RBIs to lead No. 10 South Carroll (10-4) over visiting Linganore.
* Old Mill 7, Annapolis 5: Chuck Manns went 2-for-4 with an RBI and Mark Wissman added two RBIs to lead No. 12 Old Mill (9-5) over host Annapolis (2-14).
* Overlea 16, Western Tech 0: Frank Merson went 2-for-5 with three RBIs and Jason Hartline drove in two runs, leading visiting and No. 17 Overlea (9-3) past Western Tech. Brandon Van Hoose went 3-for-3 for the Falcons.
* Southern-B 1, Lake Clifton 0: James Benton pitched a four-hitter, striking out 10 for his second shutout of the week, lifting No. 18 Southern-B (13-3) past host Lake Clifton. Benton drove in the game's only run, singling in Nick Ridenour.
* John Carroll 9, Aberdeen 0: Tim DeCapite (6-0) pitched a shutout to lead host and No. 20 John Carroll (12-3). DeCapite struck out nine and drove in two runs for the Patriots.
* Hereford 4, Owings Mills 3: Clint Eaton's sacrifice fly in the sixth inning scored Donnie Steiner, lifting visiting Hereford (8-4) past Owings Mills (10-2). Jeff DeGarmo drove in two runs for the Bulls with a double.
pTC * Gilman 5, Loyola 2: Jason Mersey and Yani Rosenberg each had doubles for host Gilman (9-4) which rallied from a one-run deficit in the sixth to tie, then went ahead with three runs in the seventh to take command.
* Edgewood 12, C. Milton Wright 6: Rob Mister improved his record to 6-1, striking out seven, to lead host Edgewood (8-5) over over C. Milton Wright (7-5).
* Sparrows Point 12, Towson 9: Chris Butler went 2-for-3 with four RBIs, as host Sparrows Point (11-2) defeated Towson (6-7). Shannon Butler added three RBIs for the Pointers.