* SHOOTING: Southern District -- A Baltimore City Housing Authority security officer was about to enter his residence in the 2400 block of Kermit Court on Wednesday when someone fired shots, hitting him once in the left foot. When the victim was being carried out of his house by an ambulance crew, he pointed out a man in the crowd as his assailant. The suspect was arrested, and charged with attempted murder. The victim was ** treated at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
* ROBBERY: Southern District -- A 45-year-old resident of the 2600 block of Marbourne Ave. was walking Wednesday afternoon in the 1500 block of W. Patapsco Ave. with her daughter when a man placed a gun to her back and took her purse containing cash and property, all valued at $30.
* ROBBERY: Southern District -- An 85-year-old resident of the 1200 block of W. Ostend St. was sitting on his stoop Wednesday afternoon when a man struck him in the face and robbed him of a silver chain and a gold necklace with a cross. The victim was treated at Harbor Hospital Center for lacerations.
* CUTTING: Southwestern District -- Police were seeking a man who cut a resident of the 300 block of N. Carrollton Ave. on the left forearm with a knife Wednesday in the 300 block of S. Payson St. The victim was treated at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
* ASSAULT: Northwestern District -- A 41-year-old resident of the 3200 block of Burnbrook Road was in the 2600 block of W. Cold Spring Lane on Wednesday when he was attacked by two men who struck him with a metal pipe and baseball bat. The victim was taken to Sinai Hospital with a broken arm and broken right leg.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- An air-conditioner air compressor valued at $700 was stolen Wednesday from a house in the 4300 block of Reisterstown Road.
* BURGLARY: Towson Precinct -- An undisclosed sum of money was stolen Wednesday from Harry Little's carryout in the 6800 block of York Road.
* ARSON: Garrison Precinct -- While classes at Randallstown High School were in session Wednesday, someone set fire to a plastic toilet tissue holder in a boys restroom. The resulting smoke caused evacuation of the school. No injuries were reported, and the fire was quickly extinguished.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $2,000 may be paid for information.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.