Malachi FrasierMachine operatorMalachi Frasier, a retired machine...

Malachi Frasier

Machine operator


Malachi Frasier, a retired machine operator, died Saturday at St. Agnes Hospital of cancer. He was 71 and lived in Southwest Baltimore.

He retired in 1985 from Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. warehouse in West Baltimore, where he started working in 1958. Earlier, he had been a baker's helper for Ward Baking Co.


Before moving to Baltimore in 1953, he was a civilian employee of the Charleston Navy Yard in South Carolina.

The North Augusta Avenue resident was born and raised in Jacksonboro, S.C., and graduated from high school there in 1941. During World War II, he was an Army medic in Germany, and was discharged in 1947 with the rank of corporal.

He was a member of Miracle Baptist Church of Christ, where he was on the usher board and a volunteer. He had formerly been a member of Liberty Grace Baptist Church.

"He loved his children and his family and he was a good friend to all," said his wife of 41 years, the former Queen Howard.

Services were to be held at 7 p.m. today at Good Shepherd Baptist Church, 3459 Park Heights Ave.

Other survivors include four sons, Malachi Frasier Jr., Michael Frasier, Rickey Frasier and Stephen Frasier; four daughters, Maria Frasier, Cheryl Frasier Bradford, Lavita Frasier and Renita Frasier; and a sister, Mary Williams. All are of Baltimore. He also is survived by 12 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Stanley F. Trainer

Electronic engineer


Stanley F. Trainer, an electronic engineer, died Monday after an apparent heart attack at his Glyndon home. He was 55.

Mr. Trainer had worked for the Department of Defense at Fort Meade since 1962.

The native of Parryville, Pa., was a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University and a longtime member of the alumni association.

At Trinity Lutheran Church in Reisterstown, he was a member of the church council, a former chairman of the Christian Eucation Department, and a commissioner of Boy Scout Troop 143, which meets there.

He had also been a baseball umpire for the Owings Mills Recreation Council, and had been a volunteer worker for the Reisterstown youth wrestling program.

He was treasurer of the Timber Grove Elementary School PTA, and was a member of the Band Boosters at Franklin Junior and Senior High schools.


Services for Mr. Trainer were to be held at 8 p.m. today at Trinity Lutheran Church, 109 Main St.

He is survived by his wife, the former Marlene E. Steigerwalt; a daughter, Marianne Cohen of Hampstead; three sons, Robbie Trainer of Ellicott City, David Trainer of Laurel and Andrew Trainer of Owings Mills; his mother, Carolyn Peters Trainer of Randallstown; a sister, Kathleen Handwerk of Rogers Ford, Pa.; and four grandchildren.

William T. Fehsenfeld

Antiques dealer

William T. Fehsenfeld, an antiques and fine arts dealer and appraiser in Baltimore for many years, died Sunday of heart failure at his home in Easton. He was 69.

Mr. Fehsenfeld started the London Shop in 1959. Located on Bolton Street for many years, the business was moved to the Mill Centre in North Baltimore about four years ago, and then to Cambridge.


He had homes in Princess Anne and in Baltimore for many years, and won awards for restorations of business and residential properties in Baltimore. He also restored Colonial homes on the Eastern Shore.

Born in Baltimore, he was raised in Talbot County, where he attended school. He also attended the Johns Hopkins University.

He worked in Baltimore as a title searcher before starting his business, satisfying an interest in art and antiques that began in childhood. At the age of 10, he had bought the library of a Talbot County family and continued to collect books throughout his life.

He was an acolyte at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Trappe and Christ Episcopal Church in Cambridge, where a memorial service was to be held at 3 p.m. today.

He is survived by a son, Michael J.F. Ryan of Easton; nine nieces; and five nephews.

Spencer H. Lewis


Enameler for 28 years

Spencer H. Lewis, who had worked in a plumbing fixtures plant and was active in church work, died Monday at Liberty Medical Center after a heart attack. The West Baltimore resident was 71.

Mr. Lewis retired in 1979 after 28 years as an enameler for American Standard on Holabird Avenue.

Born in Baltimore, he was educated at St. Peter Claver School and Douglass High School.

During World War II, he served in the Army, reaching the rank of sergeant. After the war, he attended a vocational school and operated a shoe repair business in Salisbury, N.C.

For more than 40 years, he was a member of St. Edward's Roman Catholic Church on Poplar Grove and Prospect streets in West Baltimore, where he was a member of the St. Vincent de Paul Society, the Holy Name Society and the usher board.


He was sergeant at arms of the St. Benedict the Moor Council 62 of the Knights of St. Peter Claver and a member of the Fairmount Neighborhood Association.

A Mass of Christian burial was to be offered at 11 a.m. today at St. Edward's.

He is survived by his wife of 48 years, the former Rose Evangeline Biggers; a daughter, Marilyn Lewis-Taylor of Randallstown; a brother, Archie J. Lewis of Baltimore; and many nieces, nephews.