1.Ryland Homes is continuing its grand opening today at the Meadows at Dunteachin in Ellicott City, where the company is building 119 traditional and Colonial homes on one-third to one-quarter acre lots.
Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. will serve free hot dogs and beverages from noon to 5 p.m. to anyone touring the model homes at Dunteachin. Other activities include Hugs the Clown from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., a mortgage seminar from noon to 1 p.m., a visit from the fire department from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., a bake sale from noon to 4 p.m. and a deck-building seminar from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Two miles from Patapsco Valley State Park in Howard County, the Meadows of Dunteachin is built around five acres of wooded open space that includes a one-acre pond.
A traditional with 2,000 square feet of living space and a base price of $219,990, the Newport is the smallest and least expensive home Ryland is building.
The Hawthorne II, a traditional with a starting price of $230,990 for 2,300 square feet, is one of the models ready for viewing.
The largest and most expensive home being built in the Meadows is the Southill, a Colonial with 3,000 square feet and a $273,990 price tag.
The sales center is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. Take I-95 south to Route 175 west to a right on Route 108 to a right on Old Montgomery Road to a right on Kerger Road to a left on Meadow Pond Drive to a right on Dunteachin to the models on the left.
* Builder:Builder: Ryland Homes.
* Phone number:Phone number: 788-5680.
* Developer:Developer: Ryland.
* Base prices:Base prices: $219,990 to $273,990.
* Style:Style: Traditional, Colonial.
* Number of homes:Number of homes: 119.
fTC * Lot sizes:Lot sizes: One-third to one-quarter acre.
* Square-footage:Square-footage: 2,000 to 3,000.
* Options:Options: Third full bath on second floor ($3,000), bay window with French sliding doors in breakfast nook ($2,500), cathedral ceiling in master bedroom ($950).
2.Ryan Homes has opened a model of the Devonshire at the Edgewood community in Eldersburg in Carroll County where the company will build 21 Colonial homes in the first two sections.
In keeping with its name, Edgewood will be built around 15 acres of environmentally protected woodlands.
The Devonshire has a base price of $196,990 for 2,440 square feet of finished space. It grows to 2,656 feet with the optional sun room.
At $172,990 for 1,818 square feet, the Stratford is the least expensive offering at Edgewood. The first floor has a 14-by-11-foot living room, 17-by-11-foot family room, 19-by-11-foot kitchen/breakfast area.
Ryan's largest house is the 2,360-square-foot Rosemont, which starts at $203,990. An 11-by-10-foot study, 12-by-17-foot living room, 12-by-13-foot dining room, 20-by-14-foot family room, 20-by-12-foot kitchen/breakfast nook and powder and laundry rooms occupy the first floor.
* Builder:Builder: Ryan Homes.
* Phone number:Phone number: 795-0425.
* Developer:Developer: Jack Schwalb.
* Base prices:Base prices: $172,990 to $203,990.
* Style:Style: Colonial.
* Number of homes:Number of homes: 21 in Sections I & II.
* Lot sizes:Lot sizes: One-quarter to one-half acre.
* Square-footage:Square-footage: 1,818 to 2,360.
* Options:Options: 17-by-11-foot sun room ($14,000), fireplaces
($3,300 to $5,900), hardwood floors, bath with soaking tub and separate shower ($2,800), brick front.