* Advance Business Systems announced that Robert Garci, service technician, and Lisa Alper, executive administrative assistant, have joined the staff of the Cockeysville-based office equipment firm.
* Anne Arundel Economic Development Corp. named William A. Badger to the staff as a business location consultant.
* National Aquarium in Baltimore appointed Kathy Cloyd Sher deputy executive director. She succeeds David M. Pittenger, who was recently elevated to executive director.
* Swirnow Building Systems Group of Baltimore has selected Russell A. Boellner and John C. Stahl as vice presidents.
* Berkshire Consulting Group, Ellicott City-based human resources management consultants, named Linn Phelps and Christine Russell senior consulting associates.
Advertising and PR
* Eisner Petrou & Associates announced the appointments of two assistant account executives: Jean Fleckenstein, Baltimore office, and Marci Luefschuetz, Washington office.
* The Reeves Agency appointed Christine Regan Greenebaum broadcast production manager.
* Freed & Associates named Lauren A. Chasen an assistant account executive.
Legal and insurance
* Hodes, Ulman, Pessin & Katz named Stephenie S. Muskus an associate of the Towson-Columbia law firm.
* Whiteford, Taylor & Preston announced that Deborah H. Diehl hTC was named a partner and Lisa Walker Justis and Carmina Perez joined as associates.
* Carrollton Bank has chosen Gregory W. Cooley vice president and senior commercial loan officer, Laura A. Winpigler, vice president and branch administrator, Earl M. Davis, vice president-regional branch coordinator, Baltimore County, Lucille A. Zullo, assistant vice president-regional branch coordinator, Baltimore County, Nancy E. Isaac-Simering, assistant vice president-sales, and William M. Rash, community banking officer.
* Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond announced that R. William Ahern was named vice president of the Baltimore branch office.
* Katz, Abosch, Windesheim, Gershman & Freedman, accountants and management consultants, elected Mark R. Cissell to the board and chose M. Kent Thomas, James F. Sandkuhler, Anita M. Schekells as shareholders and named Christine L. Clingerman an in-charge.
* Mueller Associates II Inc., mechanical and electrical consulting engineers, appointed Kenneth H. Rock associate and stockholder.
* McCrone Inc., engineers, named Tom M. Shea branch manager for its Leonardtown and Prince Frederick offices and Cindy R. Carlson project manager in Leonardtown.
* Sheppard Pratt Health System appointed Dr. Susan Villani director, child and adolescent services, and Dr. Malifor S. Jamora, medical director at its Annapolis counseling center.
* Harbor Hospital Center named Jo L. Wallin assistant pharmacy director.
Commercial real estate
* Manekin Corp. appointed Chuck Friday a sales and leasing associate and Ann Znamirowski as a property management administrator in its Columbia office.