The Easton Club
1. The Easton Club, a 283-acre golf course community off Route 333 in Easton, is holding a grand opening Saturday for models of four of the six one- , two- and three-level Colonial-style townhomes being built by Willow Construction Co. There will be 156 townhomes.
On the South Branch of the Tred Avon River in Talbot County on Maryland's Eastern Shore, the Easton Club also has 152 waterfront, waterview and fairway lots for single-family homes. The one-quarter to one-acre lots sell for $85,000 to $205,000.
The development is built around the Easton Club Golf Course, an 18-hole layout scheduled to open July 1. Designed by Whole in One Design Group Inc., the course features holes called "oyster bar," "tack," "blue crab," and "nettle."
A one-year club membership comes with each townhome or homesite. The Easton Club also has a swimming pool, tennis courts and a tournament croquet court. Lawn maintenance and snow removal are covered by the annual $500 homeowners fee.
Gas heat and hot water and city water and sewer service are standard features.
With a base price of $219,000 for 1,813 square feet of living space, the Tred Avon is the least expensive of the three one-story townhomes offered at The Easton Club. An entry porch leads to an 18-by-23-foot living room with a tray ceiling.
A small laundry room is located off the 16-by-11-foot kitchen, which also has a closet and a pantry. The master suite includes a 15-by-18-foot bedroom, two closets and a bath with dual vanities. A 15-by-14-foot bedroom, second full bath, linen closet, coat closet and storage/mechanical room complete the home.
The St. Michaels is one of two two-level townhomes. It has 2,332 square feet and a base price of $209,000. The first floor has a 17-by-20-foot living room, 12-by-15-foot dining room, a 17-by-12-foot den or third bedroom with full bath, and 13-by-10-foot kitchen with pantry.
Upstairs, the master suite includes a 17-by-13-foot bedroom, 17-by-6-foot sitting area, walk-in closet, linen closet and full bath with dual vanities. A 17-by-12-foot terrace, second bedroom and full hall bath complete this level.
The three-story Easton is the largest townhome offered. It has 2,990 square feet and a beginning price of $237,000. A 12-by-41-foot garage, laundry room, entry closet, full bath with shower and 13-by-11-foot den or third bedroom occupy the first level.
Level 2 has a 17-by-20-foot living room, 12-by-15-foot dining room, powder room, two closets and a 13-by-10-foot kitchen with a pantry and broom closet.
A master suite with a dressing area, bath with dual vanities, linen closet, walk-in closet and 17-by-14-foot bedroom is found on the third level. There is also a hall bath, linen closet and 17-by-14-foot second bedroom with two closets.
* Builder: Willow Construction Co.
* Phone number: (800) 277-9500.
* Developer: Rock Easton Ltd. Partnership.
* Base prices: $193,000 to $229,000.
* Style: Colonial townhomes.
* Number of homes: 156.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 1,770 to 2,990.
* Options: Screened rear porch on Tred Avon ($13,238), garage on some models, gas fireplace ($5,289 in Tred Avon, $6,290 in Easton), elevator ($20,505 in St. Michaels, $22,705 in Easton).
2. Macks Homes has opened a model of the Westbrook, a traditional-style brick front single family home in the Brynwood Hills community in Carroll County.
The Westbrook, with a base price of $215,900, has four bedrooms with optional fifth bedroom, two-car garage, full basement and 2,484 square feet of living space.
The model is open from 11 a.m to 6 p.m. Saturday through Wednesday. Take I-695 to I-70 West, I-70 to Route 32 North, Route 32 to Johnsville Road, left on Johnsville Road to sales center.
* Builder: Macks Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 795-1500.
* Developer: Macks Homes.
* Base price: $215,900.
* Style: Traditional.
* Number of homes: 42.
* Lot sizes: One-fourth to one-half acre.
* Square-footage: 2,484 to 2,708.
* Options: Country porch ($6,685); Colonial porch ($1,985); fifth bedroom-sitting room ($8,995); fireplace ($2,795).