* BURGLARY/ARREST: Southern District -- A 47-year-old homeless man was arrested Wednesday morning when he left Paul's Lounge in the 1200 block of W. Lombard St. with property belonging to the business. Recovered from the man were seven bottles of liquor, more than 100 quarters, cash and tools. Police were alerted by a passer-by that someone was inside the lounge.
* BOGUS OFFICER ARRESTED: Western District -- A 31-year-old motorist from the 2600 block of Hilton St. was arrested early yesterday and charged with falsely identifying himself as a police officer. After Officer Phillip Sexton stopped the man for speeding in the 2200 block of Reisterstown Road, he asked him for his license and auto registration. When the driver told Officer Sexton he worked for the Police Department's crime lab, the officer asked the man for his sequence number, an identification code. When the motorist said he didn't know what a sequence number was, Officer Sexton arrested him. The man also was charged with giving a false statement to a police officer, driving on a suspended license and traffic violations.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A 34-year-old resident of the 900 block of Harlem Ave. was in the 1500 block of N. Calhoun St. about 2 a.m. yesterday when she was attacked by a man armed with a screwdriver who robbed her of nearly $38. The woman suffered a swollen left eye and lacerations but refused medical ,, treatment.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Someone entered the Corner Crab House in the 4600 block of Erdman Ave. after throwing a rock through a window and stole several 40-ounce bottles of beer Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- A television, videocassette recorder and a safe containing more than $1,000 were stolen Wednesday from a house in the 4900 block of Gunther Ave.
* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 1100 block of Caraway Road was waiting for a bus in the 4800 block of W. Belvedere Ave. on Wednesday when a gunman robbed her of a purse containing cash and property, all valued at $25.
* THEFT: Southwestern District -- Someone entered a house in the 100 block of Upmanor Road and stole $600 from a table Wednesday.
* STOLEN CAR: Southwestern District -- A 1985 Oldsmobile with tags ALK 259 was stolen Wednesday from the 5000 block of Clifton Ave.
* BURGLARY/ASSAULT: Towson Precinct -- When the occupant of a house in the first block of Polaris Court returned home Wednesday, he was assaulted by two men who had broken in moments before and stolen $100 from the bedroom. The occupant was not seriously injured.
* BURGLARY: Towson Precinct -- Property valued at nearly $3,000 was stolen from an apartment Wednesday in the 1000 block of Pleasant Oaks Road.
* BURGLARY: Garrison Precinct -- Four video games and other property, all valued at nearly $300, were stolen Wednesday from a house in the first block of Matinee Court.
* BURGLARY: Wilkens Precinct -- A 36-year-old resident of the 4100 block of McDowell Lane in Highland Village was awakened Wednesday morning by a man who had entered her home after breaking a pane of glass in a rear door and unlocking it. When the woman woke up and saw the man standing by her bed, she cried out, and he fled. No property was taken and the woman was not injured.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $2,000 may be paid for information.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.