Jason Coffman scored six goals yesterday to lead Division III top-ranked Salisbury State to a 23-7 victory over visiting Marymount in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
Jake Bergey added four goals and one assist for Salisbury State (9-0, 3-0 in the CAC).
Paul Schiavone led Marymount (7-3, 2-2) with three goals and one assist.
* No. 2 Virginia 28, VMI 6: Greg Traynor scored five goals to lead Virginia (9-1) over host VMI (6-3). Michael Watson added four goals and one assist for the Cavaliers.
* No. 1 Maryland 18, Rutgers 1: Karen MacCrate had three goals and three assists to lead the Terps (9-0) over visiting Rutgers (3-6). Noelle Mitchell and Kelly Amonte each added three goals for Maryland.
* No. 7 Loyola 19, George Mason 3: Allison Valentino scored three goals and added two assists to lead seventh-ranked Loyola over visiting George Mason (4-8, 1-5) in a Colonial Athletic Association game.
Mandy Lewis added three goals for the Greyhounds.
* Mary Washington 12, Frostburg State 11: Eliza Huber scored four goals as host Mary Washington (7-4) rallied to defeat Frostburg State (3-4). Mary Washington trailed 9-5 early in the second half.
Erin Eaton and Alison Brave each scored three goals for the Bobcats.
* Johns Hopkins 18, Washington College 1: Jenn Ward scored three goals and added four assists to lead Johns Hopkins (7-2) over host Washington College (0-8).
* Western Maryland 16, Dickinson 13: Denise Sarver (Fallston) and Jodi Wagner each scored five goals to pace Western Maryland (4-2, 4-2) over visiting Dickinson (3-5, 2-5) in a Centennial Conference game.
* Rowan 9, Salisbury State 2: Kim McGuire, Liz Garrick, Deirdre Stanton and Colleen Smith each scored two goals to lead host Rowan (5-1) over Salisbury State (4-5).
GEORGETOWN (7-2) at NAVY (5-3)
Site: Dewey Field, Annapolis
Outlook: The Midshipmen dropped from No. 12 to No. 13 after Saturday's 19-11 loss to Maryland, and Georgetown moved up to No. 12 by beating Villanova, 12-9. The Hoyas beat Navy last year, 11-9.