* ROBBERY: Southern District -- A 34-year-old resident of the 1400 block of Ward St. was leaving a store in the 1200 block of Boyd St. Monday after buying a pack of cigarettes, which she put in a jacket pocket with $90. Near her home, a man who had been in the store asked if she wanted to buy drugs. When the woman said no, the man reached into her pocket and stole the money and cigarettes.
* BANK ROBBERY: Southern District -- Two men, one with a handgun, robbed South Baltimore Federal Credit Union in the 700 block of Washington Blvd. of an undisclosed sum of money Monday. When an employee opened the front door about 8 a.m., a man placed a gun in his side and ordered him into a back room, where he was bound with tape. A second robber joined the first and the men took money from the safe and a teller's station. As the men were about to leave, a customer arrived and was forced to join the employee in the back room.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A resident of the 2000 block of Richglen Road was in the 2200 block of Edmondson Ave. on Monday when a gunman robbed him of $60.
* STABBING: Western District -- Police were seeking a 45-year-old resident of the 1600 block of N. Fulton Ave., who is accused of stabbing a 29-year-old man from the 1800 block of Clifton Ave. on Monday. The victim was stabbed in the back with a 12-inch knife. He was treated at University of Maryland Medical Center and released.
* STOLEN CAR: Northwestern District -- A 1994 Lexus with tags BWZ 318 was stolen Monday from the 2300 block of Brightleaf Way.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A 50-year-old man tried to leave Food King market in the 5300 block of York Road without paying for 15 bars of soap and was detained Monday. After identifying himself, the man was released. Police said a criminal summons was expected to be issued.
* STOLEN CAR: Northeastern District -- A blue 1990 Mitsubishi with tags NRD 958 was stolen Monday from the 4700 block of Chatford Road.
* ROBBERY: White Marsh Precinct -- An unarmed man wearing a dark jacket and ski mask robbed a Sunoco gas station in the 10800 block of U.S. 40 of nearly $90 Monday and escaped in a beige-colored car.
* BURGLARY: Towson Precinct -- Someone stole a set of keys, entered a house Monday in the first block of Fuller Ave. and stole a compact disc player, VCR, watch and tables, all valued at more than $500.
* BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- A leaf blower and weed eater, all valued at nearly $900, were stolen Monday from a storage shed in the 4800 block of Long Green Road.
* ROBBERY: Wilkens Precinct -- An 11-year-old boy was walking in the 1500 block of Baltimore National Pike Monday when two older boys robbed him of $3.
* ASSAULT: Perryville -- Charles William Mitter, 19, of the 1800 block of Gertrude St. in Baltimore is being held in lieu of $75,000 bond on charges of assault with intent to murder state Trooper David Hughes about 7 p.m. Monday on Interstate 95 at Md. 222. Warrants were issued for Ralph Eugene Branford Jr., 20, of the 3200 block of Elmley Ave. in Baltimore, a passenger in Mr. Mitter's BMW, who police allege tried to run down the trooper. Trooper Hughes was treated for minor injuries.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $2,000 may be paid for information.Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.