John McKay (3-0) gave up one run, one hit, struck out 11 and walked four in five innings as top-ranked Calvert Hall (10-0) downed visiting Spalding, 9-1, yesterday in a rain-shortened game.
Scott Jachimski, Kevin Olkowski and Bill Staub each had a double.
* McDonogh 12, Loyola 1: Rich Levine (3-1) pitched a five-inning one-hitter, giving up one run, striking out three and walking five as No. 3 McDonogh (9-1) won the rain-shortened game over Loyola.
Dennis Badham and Scott Breault each contributed a double.
* Mount St. Joseph 13, Curley 5: Eric Jeschke had two hits, including a home run, to lead No. 6 Mount St. Joseph (9-1) to a victory over visiting Archbishop Curley. Jeff Felker went 3-for-4 with two doubles for the Gaels.
Ted Martin (1-0) pitched three innings for the win.
* St. Paul's 13, Park 2: Justin Singleton went 2-for-2 and drove in three runs to lead St. Paul's (5-3) to a victory over visiting Park.
Brian Pierson also went 2-for-2 with two RBIs and Skeets Dansicker added two hits and scored three runs for the Crusaders.
* Westminster 3, Linganore 2: The 9th-ranked Owls (7-0) scratched and clawed against visiting Linganore (4-5) before coming away with a win in 10 innings.
Denny Bowers chopped a single down the third-base line to score Mike Peters from second with one out in the 10th for the game-winner.
Senior right-hander Andy Marsiglia went all 10 innings to get the win. Jason Harrison, who was not in on the decision, was just as effective for the Lancers. He went nine innings, allowing just two hits before giving way to Duane Griffiths in the 10th.
* Glenelg 10, Howard 4: Ben Gugliotta, coming off two disappointing starts, pitched all seven innings and allowed seven hits as No. 5 Glenelg (8-1) rapped out 14 hits in beating the Lions (4-4).
Zach Guerra went 3-for-4 with a double and three RBIs for the Gladiators. Jason Mitchell, playing his first game as designated hitter, went 2-for-4. Eight of Glenelg's nine starters had at least one hit.